• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Im trying to change page title and it not

WiseWombat

Hi I have made a copy of my website including including a copy of the database and Im setting it up and testing it on a second localhost.

The problem Im having is that when I edite the english.php and change the title text

In catalog/includes/languages/english.php

It doesnt show the changes when you view it in the browser.

Even though the changes have been exepted in the english.php file

I have emptied the browser cach and refreashed the pages and also rebooted the system.

I think this might be a database problem would some one have any ideas what the problem might be. >_<

thanks. Martin

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

The title does not come from the database (unless you have installed a contribution such as Header Tags Controller which sets the title based on the product or category.)

Be sure that you changed the english.php under catalog and not admin. Make sure that you uploaded the right file and that the updated file is actually on the server in the correct location.

Last, look at the .php of the page in question and look for the <title> tag. Does it look like this?

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

Which define in english.php did you change?

The title does not come from the database (unless you have installed a contribution such as Header Tags Controller which sets the title based on the product or category.)

Be sure that you changed the english.php under catalog and not admin.  Make sure that you uploaded the right file and that the updated file is actually on the server in the correct location.

Last, look at the .php of the page in question and look for the <title> tag.  Does it look like this?

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

Which define in english.php did you change?

Thanks for the reply stevel it is definatly catalog/includes/languages/english.php

I have installed a meta tag contribution called Meta Tags v3.0a I might need to look into it??

( WARNING )

Yes, indeed. Look to see how it changes the content of the <title> tag. Ideally, you'd want each page to have a unique title - based on product or category name for those pages.

Yes, indeed.  Look to see how it changes the content of the <title> tag. Ideally, you'd want each page to have a unique title - based on product or category name for those pages.

Thanks for your help stevel I found it.

catalog/includes/meta_tags.php line 67 :thumbsup:

( WARNING )

Archived