• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net and General Error

wendys

I just noticed that some credit card transactions through Authorize.net got "General Error (unable to send notification)" message. And the worst part is that these orders are showing credit card payment received status. I generally don't check my Authorize.net website for each order. So I ended up sending orders without gettting the payment. I have to contact customers one by one to get their payments. I don't know how many will pay. Even they do pay, it's such an inconvenience to them.

I did an search on this forum and saw similar problems posted back in August, 2004. There is no recent ones. So do people here still experience the same problem or this problem has been solved. If it has been solved, could someone point me to the right direction?

Thanks so much.

I just noticed that some credit card transactions through Authorize.net got "General Error (unable to send notification)" message.  And the worst part is that these orders are showing credit card payment received status.  I generally don't check my Authorize.net website for each order.  So I ended up sending orders without gettting the payment.  I have to contact customers one by one to get their payments.  I don't know how many will pay.  Even they do pay, it's such an inconvenience to them.

I did an search on this forum and saw similar problems posted back in August, 2004.  There is no recent ones.  So do people here still experience the same problem or this problem has been solved.  If it has been solved, could someone point me to the right direction?

Thanks so much.

I had this issue a couple of years ago when I 1st started. It seems it's related to the email address they have for you to send you the merchant receipts. If for whatever reasons (yours or theirs) them sending you the merchant receipt for each transaction fails, you get this error. You are led to believe that you will still get the funds BUT as you are finding out that is not the case. I gave them heck once for failing the transaction on such a stupid thing like an email address but they don't care. What I did was use an email that I know will never go down on my end AND I added a backup email address in the config panel of authorize.net.

I can't say I have had this error in recent memory but I would suggest you login to your authorize.net console and configure it....

Thanks so much for your help.

I'm just curious what kind of email address never goes down, Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail or the email address on your hosting company. I'm trying to figure out which one I should use. I'm now using the one on our hosting company server.

Thanks.

Wendy

I had this issue a couple of years ago when I 1st started. It seems it's related to the email address they have for you to send you the merchant receipts. If for whatever reasons (yours or theirs) them sending you the merchant receipt for each transaction fails, you get this error. You are led to believe that you will still get the funds BUT as you are finding out that is not the case. I gave them heck once for failing the transaction on such a stupid thing like an email address but they don't care. What I did was use an email that I know will never go down on my end AND I added a backup email address in the config panel of authorize.net.

I can't say I have had this error in recent memory but I would suggest you login to your authorize.net console and configure it....

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks so much for your help.

I'm just curious what kind of email address never goes down, Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail or the email address on your hosting company.  I'm trying to figure out which one I should use.  I'm now using the one on our hosting company server.

Thanks.

Wendy

I just added a second email using another email host under the "contact" section of Authorize.net. Net sure which options to check so I checked

Merchant Email Notification

Determine which emails you would like to receive.

Transaction Emails

v Transaction Receipt

v Upload Transaction Receipt

Under the

Specify Email Sender

Use this email address as sender

I wasn't sure whether to check this or not so I left it unchecked. This is checked in our primary email contact setting. :huh:

What a pain in the butt the General Error is. When I called Authorize.net they didn't have a clue on why it happened. >_<

~spectr17