• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Tax" isn't showing up on receipt

Hi,

I have been trying to find the answer to my problem by searching, but haven't had any luck. So, I hope that this isn't redundant...

But, when my customers checkout, if they are charged tax, the receipt doesn't show the word "Tax". It just lists a line with a charge and no title.

Here's an example:

Sub-Total: $14.00

: $0.88

Table Rate (Best Way): $8.35

Total: $23.23

The 88cents should have "Tax" in front of it, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do this. :'( Can someone please help me? thank you in advance! :D

Not sure if this is the answer or not, but try going to your Admin screen to Locations/Taxes -> Tax Rates. I presume you have a rate set up there. If so, click on it, then click on the Edit button in the right-hand column and fill in the description (if it's blank). If it's NOT blank, then I'm not sure why it's not displaying for you...

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Hi,

I have been trying to find the answer to my problem by searching, but haven't had any luck.  So, I hope that this isn't redundant...

But, when my customers checkout, if they are charged tax, the receipt doesn't show the word "Tax".  It just lists a line with a charge and no title.

Here's an example:

Sub-Total: $14.00

: $0.88

Table Rate (Best Way): $8.35

Total: $23.23

The 88cents should have "Tax" in front of it, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do this.  :'(  Can someone please help me?  thank you in advance!  :D

I figured it out I think. :)

In the file:

/includes/modules/order_total/ot_tax.php

I changed the line:

$this->output[] = array('title' => $key . ':',

To this:

$this->output[] = array('title' => $key . 'Tax:',

It seems to be working properly for me now. I'm no php programmer, so if anyone sees that I made a terrible error by doing this, please tell me! :) Thank you!

Terry,

Thank you. Yes, it had a name and that was why it was so confusing for me. I didn't understand why it wasn't showing up. :) Thanks for the help!

April,

Can you post the code for that complete file here? I'm guessing that something else has gone wrong in your code so it's not calling the tax properly. While you may have made a quick fix to solve your problem, it may cause other issues down the road. (Might not either, but couldn't hurt to check...)

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Ok.. here it is: :)

ot_tax.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: ot_tax.php,v 1.14 2003/02/14 05:58:35 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

class ot_tax {
   var $title, $output;

function ot_tax() {
     $this->code = 'ot_tax';
     $this->title = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAX_TITLE;
     $this->description = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAX_DESCRIPTION;
     $this->enabled = ((MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAX_STATUS == 'true') ? true : false);
     $this->sort_order = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAX_SORT_ORDER;

$this->output = array();
   }

function process() {
     global $order, $currencies;

reset($order->info['tax_groups']);
     while (list($key, $value) = each($order->info['tax_groups'])) {
       if ($value > 0) {
         $this->output[] = array('title' => $key . 'Tax:',
                                 'text' => $currencies->format($value, true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),
                                 'value' => $value);
       }
     }
   }

function check() {
     if (!isset($this->_check)) {
       $check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAX_STATUS'");
       $this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
     }

return $this->_check;
   }

function keys() {
     return array('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAX_STATUS', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAX_SORT_ORDER');
   }

function install() {
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Display Tax', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAX_STATUS', 'true', 'Do you want to display the order tax value?', '6', '1','tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'), ', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_TAX_SORT_ORDER', '3', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '2', now())");
   }

function remove() {
     tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
   }
 }
?>

Terry,

Thank you!

I thought I had checked that already... but you're right! It was still blank. Don't know how that happened. ??? Anyway, I'm going to change the code back to what it was originally so that is doesn't show "TaxTax". ;)

Thanks so much!

Glad you got it solved, April! Now I don't have to go compare php files... :)

Terry

Terry Kluytmans