• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured Product Support v1.5.4

jcisar

• 2 weeks later...

i installed 1.6.3 all seems to be working ok, just small annoying BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED shows up in admin section(in the menu after Featured, just the title name i think), im pretty sure it was not like that before or atleast i hope so :) any ideas how to fix it to normal look?

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear') in /home/mydomain/public_html/index.php on line 290

I have this error, anyone can help?

I have just taken a copy of one site and installed on a new site - when I go to the catalog I get the following error - so cannot see any of my catalog:

1146 - Table 'nicholas_osc1.TABLE_FEATURED' doesn't exist

select featured_id from TABLE_FEATURED where status = '1' and now() >= expires_date and expires_date > 0

[TEP STOP]

the Table "Featured" is shown in myphp admin for the above DB.

Can someone help me as this is a total show stopper as I can't do or see anything.

I have gone through the 18 pages of this thread and although I found two similar questions - neither got a response.

Thanks Lotti

(I have STS installed)

Edited by PJ2006

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/beyondco/public_html/store/index.php on line 316

i now have the same error as the person above.

obviously if i remove reference to the featured from index.php the problem goes away and i get NO featured products on the front page.

my site is also constantly loading, im not sure what in the featured code is causing my site to hang like this?

beyondcode website

Also my navigation on the left no longer works... something in STS is obviously not likeing featured.

I followed the instructions to the letter...

Ok i have solved the issue above by adding $featuredbox to the sts template index file.

Im still having issues with the css menu now not working and the page hanging on 'load'

Not sure what/why is causing it. But it was fine before i added this contrib.

OK fixed the above.

Bit of a bodge solution but PJ...

Removed the reference to index.php and add what i added above to your template.

Then refresh your cache and it will work.

(Thats if your using sts that is)

right still trying to fix this.

went through the instructions again

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/beyondco/public_html/store/index.php on line 315

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/beyondco/public_html/store/index.php on line 315

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_FEATURED' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/beyondco/public_html/store/index.php on line 315

this is now the error as seen on the front page of my site (link posted above)

ive added featured to the template as well so i can see its working, and if done through the template it works.

this is driving me insane so im hoping someone can hepl me now.

Ive added all the correct files.

featured exists in the modules folder.

all the files needed are there and the definitions in filenames.php so i dont get why its saying no such file exists.

Take another look at your catalog/includes/filenames.php. Do you have this line, exactly as shown:

define('FILENAME_FEATURED', 'featured.php');// Featured Products Mod

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

sorry everyone.

tiredness is bad.

seems for some reason i was editing the admin files instead of normal includes.

but on top of that the file i was working on and uploaded via filezilla didnt upload.

cheers for making me check the basics kymation even though id check a hundred times haha.

i feel like an ass now. but cheers :D

Installing this addon makes my site crash. When I try to perform Step 9 "tep_expire_specials();" is not there. And when I try to perform step 10 "define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');" is not there either. Can someone tell me where these should be please because i've tried adding them and it still doesn't work.

Thanks

tep_expire_specials() is part of a stock osCommerce install. It's in catalog/includes/functions/specials.php. If you have a heavily modified store, installing this (or any other) addon will require finding where things have been moved to, understanding the modifications, and possible reinstalling some stock features. You'll need to tell us what modifications have already been made before we can help you with this one.

The alternative is that you may have a really old version of osCommerce. See What version is my shop? and tell us what you find.

Regards

Jim

I have just taken a copy of one site and installed on a new site - when I go to the catalog I get the following error - so cannot see any of my catalog:

the Table "Featured" is shown in myphp admin for the above DB.

Can someone help me as this is a total show stopper as I can't do or see anything.

I have gone through the 18 pages of this thread and although I found two similar questions - neither got a response.

Thanks Lotti

(I have STS installed)

Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone have any ideas?

Your script is not looking for a table named featured, it's looking for a table named TABLE_FEATURED. This is usually caused by a missing define in catalog/includes/database_tables.php. You should have this line:

define('TABLE_FEATURED', 'featured');

Regards

Jim

This has bugged me for a while. i have been using the featured products contribution for a while and it works really well for me. my problem is that at the moment it only displays the image and the name of the product. i would like it to also display the price and buy it now button

heres the page http://www.yoyoz.co.uk/catalog/

and here is my includes/modules/featured

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

Featured Products V1.1
 Displays a list of featured products, selected from admin
 For use as an Infobox instead of the "New Products" Infobox  
*/
?>
<!-- featured_products //-->
<?php
if(FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY == 'true')
{
 $featured_products_category_id = $new_products_category_id;
 $cat_name_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' limit 1");
 $cat_name_fetch = tep_db_fetch_array($cat_name_query);
 $cat_name = $cat_name_fetch['categories_name'];
 $info_box_contents = array();

if ( (!isset($featured_products_category_id)) || ($featured_products_category_id == '0') ) {
   $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => '<a class="headerNavigation" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) . '">' . TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS . '</a>');

list($usec, $sec) = explode(' ', microtime());
 srand( (float) $sec + ((float) $usec * 100000) );
 $mtm= rand();

$featured_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join " . TABLE_FEATURED . " f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand($mtm) DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS);
 } else {

$cats[] = $new_products_category_id; // current catID as starting value
// put cat-IDs of all cats nested in current branch into $cats array, go through all subbranches
for($i=0;$i<count($cats);$i++) {
	$categorie_query = tep_db_query("select categories_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$cats[$i] . "'"); 
	while ($categorie = tep_db_fetch_array($categorie_query)) {
		$cats[] = $categorie['categories_id'];
	}
	$cats=array_unique($cats); // sort out doubles
}

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a class="headerNavigation" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) . '">' . TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS . '</a>');

$featured_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c using(products_id) left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c using(categories_id) left join " . TABLE_FEATURED . " f on p.products_id = f.products_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where c.parent_id in (".implode(', ', $cats).") and p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand() DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS);
}

$row = 0;
 $col = 0; 
 $num = 0;
 while ($featured_products = tep_db_fetch_array($featured_products_query)) {
   $num ++; if ($num == 1) { new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents); }
   $featured_products['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($featured_products['products_id']);
   if($featured_products['specstat']) {
     $info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
                                          'params' => 'class="smallText" width="25%" valign="top"',
                                          'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_products['products_image'], $featured_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*1.6, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*1.6) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . $featured_products['products_name'] . '</a>');
   } else {
     $info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
                                          'params' => 'class="smallText" width="25%" valign="top"',
                                          'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_products['products_image'], $featured_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*1.6, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*1.6) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . $featured_products['products_name'] . '</a>');
   }    
   $col ++;
   if ($col > 2) {
     $col = 0;
     $row ++;
   }
 }
 if($num) {

new contentBox($info_box_contents);
 }
} else // If it's disabled, then include the original New Products box
{
  // include (DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); // disable for dont show if desactive the feature module
}
?>
<!-- featured_products_eof //-->

any ideas would be very helpful, i have searched for the solution with no luck, many thanks in advance

I have Featured Products v1.6.4 installed and is working fine. I also have Separate Pricing Per Customer installed and if i login to any of the other groups specified the price remains the same as the original whereas it should change to the new price for that group.

But if i goto the product info page of the Featured Product the price is what it should be for that group.

I don't know much about where to look or what to do. Does anyone else have this prob and have a solution to this please?

Edited by CGhoST

Great contribution, no problems at all, except one: In the index.php file, the text of the infoBox is: "featured products in --category name--. The category name only displays the english language. I have 3 languages on my site, and I'd like that the category name displays the correct language name. Has anyone an idea how to fix this? Thanks very much in advantage!

Great contribution, no problems at all, except one: In the index.php file, the text of the infoBox is: "featured products in --category name--. The category name only displays the english language. I have 3 languages on my site, and I'd like that the category name displays the correct language name. Has anyone an idea how to fix this? Thanks very much in advantage!

You need to go into the separate language files and add the defines for that categor name.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using this feature for some time but I just realized on my categories page that it gove me the following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_values_to_string() in /home/content/s/t/r/stroker398/html/catalog/includes/modules/featured.php on line 52

It also does not display my column right on these pages also.

Anyone know what it could be?

The Site can be viewed at www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

maybe a contribution one day when I get this site the way I want it.

I don't make spelling mistakes! I have dyslecsic fingers.

hi i install featured products, and i have this problem ( i dont have sts)

index.php says

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_languages() in /var/www/vhosts/martinsevilla.es/subdomains/tienda/httpsdocs/index.php on line 15

oin this line is require application_top.php

and i open directly in browser application top and says this

Warning: require(includes/configure.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/martinsevilla.es/subdomains/tienda/httpsdocs/includes/application_top.php on line 28

Warning: require(includes/configure.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/martinsevilla.es/subdomains/tienda/httpsdocs/includes/application_top.php on line 28

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:.:.:') in /var/www/vhosts/martinsevilla.es/subdomains/tienda/httpsdocs/includes/application_top.php on line 28

im stack i need help

thanks