• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured Product Support v1.5.4

jcisar

I did not see anyone else with this issue.

I installed the latest version of featured product, and I do not have STS.

I also only want to use the Featured product in the left column box, not in the main page, so I did not make the modifications on index.php

everything works fine, except for when I have 3rd level categories.

i.e. if you click on my "Downloads" link, Nothing shows up in the main page.

it only works if i have 2 or less nested categories, or if you click deeper into the nested categories.

http://www.poorvida.com/store

Hello!

I'm looking threw this forum and I cant find that someone has asked a question about this

I'm doing the SQL part and it says to

alter table featured add index idx_products_id (products_id);

Ive done SQLs before but what do I put in each field?

Like in:

Field: idx_products_id

Type: what do I put here?

Length/Values: if necesary

etc...

I'm sorry to ask such a question but I'm just missing it, and if I just put in idx_products_id and leave everything as default it gives me a popup message saying that "this is not a number" because I have VARCHAR selected in Type

Thanks for your help!

Steven

Edited by Chronoz

I ran into the same problem and this solved it for me as well and is probably worth repeating:

I downloaded the package 'Featured Products 161 with STS 453 instructions' and installed everything but did not have the Featured Products section show up on my store's homepage. I repeated the entire install thinking I missed something with no luck.

Following Didgemandu's suggestion I went to the submission titled: 'featured.php now showing products from all nested subcategories' and uploaded the file: includes/modules/featured.php and the Featured Products displayed properly on my homepage.

I was browsing some new parts of this forum and I found it! Perfect!

Thanks for the help!

Hello!

I'm looking threw this forum and I cant find that someone has asked a question about this

I'm doing the SQL part and it says to

Ive done SQLs before but what do I put in each field?

Like in:

Field: idx_products_id

Type: what do I put here?

Length/Values: if necesary

etc...

I'm sorry to ask such a question but I'm just missing it, and if I just put in idx_products_id and leave everything as default it gives me a popup message saying that "this is not a number" because I have VARCHAR selected in Type

Thanks for your help!

Steven

Hello again, I dont have any errors, but I still cant figure out that above part.

And I started to browse the first few pages to see if I can find an answer to this following question: How can I make a row of 3 items because I only want to feature 6 items in 2 rows of 3 and 3.

If I set a 6 item only in the admin I get a row of 4 then 2.

I saw someone in the begining asking my question but the other way around! haha! How to add 4 products in one row, and I also saw a person asking how can he make 1 product in 1 row and for it to go downwards, etc.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks! :D

Hello all,

I have searched all 13 pages of this thread and have yet to see a similar question or answer, so if I missed it, my apologies.

I am using 1.61 with STS. I have separate index.php templates for each category. On each template I am calling the $featuredbox tag at the top of the page to show a featured product in each category.

Everything works with the installation with the exception of the products displaying. I was under the impression that the product displayed in the $featuredbox would be only a product from the category passed in the URL. However, I get a random featured product no matter what category Im in.

Im positive this is a small edit needed on my part, or an incorrect configuration, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to repair this.

If anyone has suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Bump

I've searched and still noone has ever asked this question!

How unlucky!

I am reading your last 7 posts, and I really have no clue on what you are talking about. You have a SQL file with the contribution, you need to execute it. Do it.

The question "what do I put on each field" has no answer since you have to put nothing, you just need to execute those SQL instructions on phpmyadmin or whatever you use. Any more questions?

MindTwist of Twisted Reality and Twisted Tienda

I am reading your last 7 posts, and I really have no clue on what you are talking about. You have a SQL file with the contribution, you need to execute it. Do it.

The question "what do I put on each field" has no answer since you have to put nothing, you just need to execute those SQL instructions on phpmyadmin or whatever you use. Any more questions?

Yes, and "Bumps" will get ignored every time.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

hello I need to add the product module to the front page of featured products, can anyone help me?

Just follow the instructions on the included Install Text.doc , it explains how to install the module on the front page... that's why they usually put those instructions in there, so people sometimes will bother reading them if they have no clue on what to do.

MindTwist of Twisted Reality and Twisted Tienda

It's fine I found another add-on!

Nope, no more unanswered questions!

thanks for your time!

Yes, and "Bumps" will get ignored every time.

Noticed!

Thanks for your time

Steven

Edited by Chronoz

It's fine I found another add-on!

Nope, no more unanswered questions!

thanks for your time!

Noticed!

Thanks for your time

Steven

Steven,

It's not that your questions went unanswered it is just that no could figure out what you were trying to do. The included SQL file in the installation instructions is easy enough to implement and there was no need to dig into the table fields as you were pointing to in your posts. Then you complicated matters by bumping so often. A lot of memebers get email notices of new posts and bumps are rather irritating.

Enjoy your new add-on. :rolleyes:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Steven,

It's not that your questions went unanswered it is just that no could figure out what you were trying to do. The included SQL file in the installation instructions is easy enough to implement and there was no need to dig into the table fields as you were pointing to in your posts. Then you complicated matters by bumping so often. A lot of memebers get email notices of new posts and bumps are rather irritating.

Enjoy your new add-on. :rolleyes:

I understand, but if you really read my posts you could see that my real problem was with the rows not with SQL, because I didnt get any errors anywhere so it wasnt as important.

It's funny how easy it is to notice when someone is talking with there gut.

Oh I will enjoy my new add-on ;)

Thanks!

Steven

Has anyone experienced the issue I raised above, where the product appearing in thefeatured box, continues to be random no matter what category you are in?

I need each category to have its own featured product.

Am I misinformed that this contribution will accomplish this?

Thank you all for your time, in advance.

Okay, I've installed the most current version; however, I am not displaying the desired results. The homepage does not have any featured items listed and when using the Information link, only 4 out of the 7 I have entered are displaying. I am a web developer by trade, but this is my first osC site. Although complicated, I have been able to figure out everything up until this point. I will be glad to attach any of my code if it would help.

TIA

Scott

hi all, great contrib, ive used it before on other sites and it is very usfull..

Found a prob with he latest version, the problem being that even though items are activatd as 'featured products' they will not show on index page unless they are specials as well...

anyone else had this prob, thanks..

i will look into into the code on cat/includes/modules/featured

thanks

hi all, great contrib, ive used it before on other sites and it is very usfull..

Found a prob with he latest version, the problem being that even though items are activatd as 'featured products' they will not show on index page unless they are specials as well...

anyone else had this prob, thanks..

i will look into into the code on cat/includes/modules/featured

thanks

Yes, look up a few posts and you will see several having the same issues with the latest release. I have not had these issues with my version.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

has anyone successfully been able to show category specific featured products? ie, only the featured products in the salt category appear when the user is browsing in the salt category, etc.?

i have read this entire post and cant seem to find anyone with the answer or the same problem, so im thinking I may have some small peice of code messed up somehow.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated greatly!

:blush:

Hello All

I wonder if anyone can tell me what is going on here:

I've installed the Featured Products contrib and all is working well except the module isn't working.

This is what I see on the home page:

<td><!-- featured_products //-->
<!-- featured_products_eof //-->
</td>

The commented out text comes from the featured products module but the rest of the code doesn't seem to run.

All other aspects of the contrib work, the infobox and the Featured Products page.

Any Ideas?

Here's the site:

http://justbattleforces.co.uk

Cheers

Just spotted the comments above about specials - this works for me.

Problem is I don't want the items in the featured products module to be specials...

Has anyone found what is going on with the items only appearing in the featured products box if they are specials issue yet?

Thanks