• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured Product Support v1.5.4

jcisar

Hello,

I installed the latest featured products contribution to replace version 1.5.2 I had installed.

I uninstalled the mysql FEATURED table and tried to install the table given with the v 1.5.4 But the table wont install correctly. I even tried reinstalling the v 1.5.2 table but that wont woork either.

In both cases, I get the following error message:

SQL-query: 

INSERT INTO configuration_group( configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible ) 
VALUES (

'39', 'Featured', 'Featured Products Display', '339', '1'
) 
MySQL said:  

#1062 - Duplicate entry '39' for key 1 

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/common.lib.php on line 682

Any Ideas as to what I need to do?

Thanks

John

Hello,

I installed the latest featured products contribution to replace version 1.5.2 I had installed.

I uninstalled the mysql FEATURED table and tried to install the table given with the v 1.5.4 But the table wont install correctly. I even tried reinstalling the v 1.5.2 table but that wont woork either. 

In both cases, I get the following error message:   

SQL-query: 

INSERT INTO configuration_group( configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible ) 
VALUES (

'39', 'Featured', 'Featured Products Display', '339', '1'
) 
MySQL said:  

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/common.lib.php on line 682

Any Ideas as to what I need to do?

Thanks

John

If help requires more more info on my part, please ask!

:D

Edited by jcisar

:blink:

I think this might be the problem

It apears that you have some old sql code left in your database. recheck for old code and "drop"

Thats what I've heard I need to do, but the excess data would be confined to the old table named FEATURED that I already dropped before importing the new featured.sql table file right?

So how can I have code left in my database when I already dropped the FEATURED table in my osCommerce Datablase before importing the new FEATURED.SQL table file using phpMyAdmin?

:blink:

Thats what I've heard I need to do, but the excess data would be confined to the old table named FEATURED that I already dropped before importing the new featured.sql table file right? 

So how can I have code left in my database when I already dropped the FEATURED table in my osCommerce Datablase before importing the new FEATURED.SQL  table file using phpMyAdmin?

That's a good questions, :-" but I don't have an answer :) . I have had the same problem before. I just take a thorough look at my code. make sure the entire code and all part of it are droped before you upload the sql file. Good Luck :thumbsup:

The main point of the error is the part that states

INSERT INTO configuration_group

This lets you know that it is the configuration_group table and not the featured table.

The next part lets you know what the duplication is

VALUES (

'39'

This is confirmed by the actual error

Entry number 39 of the configuration_group table already exists.

This is what is stopping the sql from moving onto the next line.

Resolve the issue by removing entry number 39 from the configuration_group table.

You may find that there are more duplications.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

I just installed this contribution. Under the admin console I get this error when I click "new product" on featured.php:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featured Products

Product: 1146 - Table 'blah_osc1.TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS' doesn't exist

select customers_group_name, customers_group_id from TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS order by customers_group_id

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas how to fix it?

FYI - I don't have any contributions installed that utelize customer groups (ie separate pricing per customer)

Edited by adam71o

The main point of the error is the part that states

This lets you know that it is the configuration_group table and not the featured table.

The next part lets you know what the duplication is

This is confirmed by the actual error

Entry number 39 of the configuration_group table already exists.

This is what is stopping the sql from moving onto the next line.

Resolve the issue by removing entry number 39 from the configuration_group table.

You may find that there are more duplications.

I actually discovered that the latest contibution version works fine without having edited [Entry 39] of [Configuration_Group] table. The REAL problem was that Featured items weren't being displayed because I never thought to redesignate featured products in my Admin panel upon update to the new contribution version. So yes I never fixed the table, but why fix what doesnt seem broken-even though it did seem broken (but wasnt... :blink: ).

Thanks

John

Edited by jcisar

I actually discovered that the latest contibution version works fine without having edited [Entry 39] of [Configuration_Group] table.  The REAL problem was that Featured items weren't being displayed because I never thought to redesignate featured products in my Admin panel upon update to the new contribution version.  So yes I never fixed the table, but why fix what doesnt seem broken-even though it did seem broken (but wasnt... :blink: ).

Thanks

John

It works because you already had the other required entries in the database from a previous install.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

I just installed this contribution.  Under the admin console I get this error when I click "new product" on featured.php:

Featured Products 

Product:  1146 - Table 'blah_osc1.TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS' doesn't exist

select customers_group_name, customers_group_id from TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS order by customers_group_id

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas how to fix it?

FYI - I don't have any contributions installed that utelize customer groups (ie separate pricing per customer)

Any ideas on how to fix this? I've totally removed my store, reinstalled fresh copy of osc ms2 2.2 and reinstalled featured products. I get this error EVERY time! Has anyone heard of this before?

Hello

I would like to have the products display in four colums instead of three.

How do I do that?

Thank you for a great contribution.

Dhananjaya

I have moved on from oscommerce to magento and no longer monitoring this site.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

installed featured_products_v1.5.5 and got this error

Featured Products  

Products   Status Action  
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, s.featured_id, s.featured_date_added, s.featured_last_modified, s.expires_date, s.date_status_change, s.status from products p, featured s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id order by pd.products_name limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

any ideas?

cheers

Obviously you haven't upgraded your install with the November 13 updates. You really should.

well F*** ... tell you what maybee your right i have the one with the updates as well as the one without.

and i just happened to use the old one for my installation :x :x

Thanks for pointing that out( will delete the old copy pronto.

Cheers

Hi again,

i now get the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_values_to_string() in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\mysite\includes\modules\featured.php on line 37.

i cant find the function anywhere in the site.

This only happens when you click on a category that has subcategories.

any ideas?

Edited by andyshep

• 2 weeks later...
quick question i would like to show the featured products in a single column, anyone explain how i might do this?

Worked it out altered the code

}	
$col ++;
if ($col > 2) {
  $col = 0;
  $row ++;
}

to:

}	
$row ++;
if ($col > 2) {
  $col = 0;
  $row ++;
}

After my installation I get an SQL error message almost similar to Andyshep:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select value from currencies WHERE currencies_id =

[TEP STOP]

Is it an upgrade issue too? :(