• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help on a persistent fraudster

rjcal

I have this guy that doesn't seem to get the picture. I try to call but he gave a fake telephone number. I asked for his credit card company's number. He gave a toll-free number of a construction company. I deleted his order and informed him don't commit credit card fraud. The address he wanted it ship to is some mail service company in Florida. Few days later, he created another account with same name and shipping address. I deleted it. Now again. In all three times, he used different credit card numbers. I got his IP and it's in Latin America. I called the mail service company, but they are no help. What would you do if you're in this situation?

What would you do if you're in this situation?

I have been there. One thing you can and should do in addition to banning the IP is to contact your merchant account bank. They can help you contact the banks issuing the cards that he attempted to use. The card banks will investigate further and take any necessary actions.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

I have this guy that doesn't seem to get the picture. I try to call but he gave a fake telephone number. I asked for his credit card company's number. He gave a toll-free number of a construction company. I deleted his order and informed him don't commit credit card fraud. The address he wanted it ship to is some mail service company in Florida. Few days later, he created another account with same name and shipping address. I deleted it. Now again. In all three times, he used different credit card numbers. I got his IP and it's in Latin America. I called the mail service company, but they are no help. What would you do if you're in this situation?

Sometimes I use .htaccess and sometimes I use this contribution.

Archived