• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Emails not working

Unikate

Hi everyone,

I have my store set up so far :D :D but am having problems with the emails. I have read through many of the posts here and find that many people seem to have the same or similar problems, but I haven't found a solution yet!

a) when I place a test order, I (as the test customer) do not receive an email (I am not using a server-based addy for this)

b) I (store owner) do not receive an email, even though I have entered my server-based addy (without NAME in front) under "send extra order emails to"

c) I have tried both sendmail and SMTP - doesn't change anything.

d) I have tested all emails that I expect to receive mails - they all work fine!

Who can help?

Thanks

Kate

Do you actually have an outbound (smtp) mail service from your hosting company? Not all hosting companies provide this, especially Windows based ones at the cheaper end of the scale.

When you send e-mails from your own computer, using an e-mail address from your domain, is your outbound e-mail address smtp.yourdomain.com or mail.yourdomain.com - or are you relaying mail via your internet service provider e.g. smtp.freeserve.com?

Vger

Hi Vger,

so glad to see you! You always seem to have the right answers!!

Do you actually have an outbound (smtp) mail service from your hosting company?  Not all hosting companies provide this, especially Windows based ones at the cheaper end of the scale.

When you send e-mails from your own computer, using an e-mail address from your domain, is your outbound e-mail address smtp.yourdomain.com or mail.yourdomain.com - or are you relaying mail via your internet service provider e.g. smtp.freeserve.com?

Where would I find that information?  I just got this hosting co. a short time ago and haven't really sent any mails from there.  I just logged on online.  The provider is hosteurope with a webpack L.

I will try to find it now - just wanted to let you know that I am listening!

Kate

Vger

Sorry I misquoted you in my previous answer!

I looked a my host's FAQ and it seems to be mailout.mydomain.de

Now what does that mean?

Oh - and I haven't configured a mail program for that - do I need to do that?

Kate

Yippee,

that was it!!! Just configured outlook express with the smtp server authentication (if that's what you call it in English) for outbound mails and now my test customer AND I as the store owner just received my first order!

Sooo happy :D :D :D

Thanks, Vger - you put me on the right track

Good night

Kate

Archived