define('FILENAME_ESTIMATED_SHIPPING', 'estimated_shipping.php');

define('FILENAME_POPUP_SHIPPING', 'popup_shipping.php');

// end Estimated Shipping

Edited by pbpools

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you cleared your browser cache, then tried it.

Well anymore ideas? Cleared the cache. no luck????

Do I need to have that file? testshop/FILENAME_POPUP_SHIPPING

Just thinking outload since it has a 404 at the end??

Edited by pbpools

Hi All,

Installed the estimated shipping contrib.

I get the following error:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function get_shiptotal() on a non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\shopping_cart.php on line 402"

When I have a CCGV object (ie a gift certificate) in my cart. -> yes granted that one wouldn't be checking the shipping costs for a gift certificate.

Also when I have my individual shipping module turned on I get a similar error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_shiptotal() on a non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\indvship.php on line 53

Any ideas?

Alternatively, can we have this mod scan for the following error text "Fatal error:" and perhaps output something like "shipping estimate cannot be calculated at this time"?? If so, how would we do this.

Tah!

Hi All,

Installed the estimated shipping contrib.

I get the following error:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function get_shiptotal() on a non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\shopping_cart.php on line 402"

When I have a CCGV object (ie a gift certificate) in my cart. -> yes granted that one wouldn't be checking the shipping costs for a gift certificate.

Also when I have my individual shipping module turned on I get a similar error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_shiptotal() on a non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\indvship.php on line 53

Any ideas?

Alternatively, can we have this mod scan for the following error text "Fatal error:" and perhaps output something like "shipping estimate cannot be calculated at this time"?? If so, how would we do this.

Tah!

That error is not related to the est. ship contrib. The function get_shiptotal() comes from another contrib, maybe 'ship in cart' or something ?!

• 3 weeks later...

Problem with Estimated Shipping Costs

I installed the contribution into the shopping_cart but unfortunately changing a country or hitting the update button simply refreshes the shopping_cart page but doesn't change anything else :( Check it out here : www.rtec.ch

I made some light changes so it fits the design and size but dunno if this changed anything to bad.

What's wrong ?? :'(

Thanks,

Roger - Switzerland

Edited by RogerSwiss

Problem with Estimated Shipping Costs

I installed the contribution into the shopping_cart but unfortunately changing a country or hitting the update button simply refreshes the shopping_cart page but doesn't change anything else :( Check it out here : www.rtec.ch

I made some light changes so it fits the design and size but dunno if this changed anything to bad.

What's wrong ?? :'(

Thanks,

Roger - Switzerland

If you use the estimated shipping box inside the shopping cart page you must absolutely make sure that the closing </form> for the shopping cart occurs BEFORE you put the code for the estimated shipping box inside the page. Viewing at your page source it seems that is the problem.

If you use the estimated shipping box inside the shopping cart page you must absolutely make sure that the closing </form> for the shopping cart occurs BEFORE you put the code for the estimated shipping box inside the page. Viewing at your page source it seems that is the problem.

You were absolutely right ! I've somehow lost the </form> in the shopping cart. I inserted it before the include and it works now like a champ ! Thaks for the contrib and support :thumbsup:

hi,

i really like the popup shipping estimate. i had ship in cart working but thought it looked really cluttered. this is much better.

problem is, i'm using canada post for shipping and i'm getting an "XML parsing error" where the shipping options and costs should be.

the details of the XML feed from canada post are beyond me, so i don't even know where to start to fix this.

any ideas?

thanks.

-p.

(www.plastiquemonkey.com/shop)

Hi,

I'm wondering if you ever figured that XML parsing error. I also use the Canada Post shipping mod, but can't get it to work with this (fantastic) mod. Would be great if someone could figure it out and post their results.

Thanks!

Shayne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

This seems to be what I need but im confused about what package to download. Do i have to go for 1.5 and then apply the patches as I go along?

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Hi All,

This seems to be what I need but im confused about what package to download. Do i have to go for 1.5 and then apply the patches as I go along?

1.5 is the version to go with if you don't need UPS/USPS support. The bugfix might apply but you will have to check that on your own site, on mine I never encountered the problem. Some of the later versions are popup versions which you might prefer or not.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to make this work with Region Based Rates?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ion+Based+Rates

I can get it to work if I put United States in a zone, but it fails to work otherwise.

I would like to know how I would go about implementing a second drop box to let them choose a state instead of a country, or even a state appropriate for the selected country.

Seems to be a very great contribution so far. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone figger out what the solution was to this error?

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I have read this whole thread, saw that other people had this problem, but I never saw a solution. I installed

version 1.7a and I have a USPS account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JP

Did anyone figger out what the solution was to this error?

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I have read this whole thread, saw that other people had this problem, but I never saw a solution. I installed

version 1.7a and I have a USPS account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JP

I have no USPS access so could not really test it but I did get quotes as long as the postal code and the shop's origin was set to US based (see admin->configuration->shipping/packaging).

HTH

Howard

Thanx for jumping in so quick, WheelofTime... It appears my configuration is correct in admin, my USPS acct and pass are in place... I'm not using STS, not using Ultimate SEO URLS, and not getting any fatal errors.... everything seems correct except for that error... so close, and yet so far.

Anybody successfully using USPS with this contrib...?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for cool contrib wheeloftime.

I installed it and it works quit perfect with UPS/USPS. There's only one issue I can't figure out the reason. My shop is US based. When I select any country except USA in estimated shipping countries dropdown everything works perfect. But when I select USA then USPS error `An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations. bla-bla-bla` generated. Any ideas whould be appreciate.

Thanks.

Ok I've installed this contrib and I have some questions regarding it......

#1 how can I remove the ZIP CODE and box for it? I don't really need it because my store is based from Japan and when someone chooses their country the shipping gets tabulated.

#2 after install my product pop up image became longer/higher, why did that change and how can I fix it to my old way I had it before?

Thanks and hope someone can help me out.

Nigelman :thumbsup:

well after a few days I've been able to answear most of my questions........if you don't want a zip just install version 1.4.

my pop up is only affected by one type of browser and that's IE AVANT......oh well it'll be fine.

and now my third and final question is, I've gotten rid of the pop up style and just put it all on the bottom of shopping cart.php file just below update, continue shopping and checkout and that looks great!! Just one thing....

I want to have 2 shippig gif images next to the text of the different choices of shipping. I use Zone 1 and Zone 2 shipping for my shipping needs. How can I incorporate an image into the text for the different kinds of shipping choices?

If you can please see my store here:

http://www.tsurishopjapan.com/

just add something to your cart and you'll see the estimated shipping below. Where you'll see the text SAL or EMS that's where I want the image to go!!

Ok I hope someone can help me and I can't wait to see this after it's all done :thumbsup:

Nigelman B)

well after a few days I've been able to answear most of my questions........if you don't want a zip just install version 1.4.

my pop up is only affected by one type of browser and that's IE AVANT......oh well it'll be fine.

and now my third and final question is, I've gotten rid of the pop up style and just put it all on the bottom of shopping cart.php file just below update, continue shopping and checkout and that looks great!! Just one thing....

I want to have 2 shippig gif images next to the text of the different choices of shipping. I use Zone 1 and Zone 2 shipping for my shipping needs. How can I incorporate an image into the text for the different kinds of shipping choices?

If you can please see my store here:

http://www.tsurishopjapan.com/

just add something to your cart and you'll see the estimated shipping below. Where you'll see the text SAL or EMS that's where I want the image to go!!

Ok I hope someone can help me and I can't wait to see this after it's all done :thumbsup:

Nigelman B)

Hi Nigelman,

Sorry I haven't been able to answer your earlier questions but I was on vacation and only found those when I read this last one ;)

It shouldn't be too hard to accomplish what you want but needs some customizing and I'll have a look into it later today. Cool looking shop by the way !

regards,

Howard

Oh thanks wheeloftime!! I kind of felt like I was talking to myself with all my messages. I recently just

figured out how to add my own images to for zone shipping but for some reason they don't show up in your contrib, hence that's why I'm asking here.

If you could that would be great and if you wan't I'll post how to do it as an update in your contribs section.

Oh thanks for the compliment on my store, I'm no pro but I do try :thumbsup:

Nigelman :lol:

Edited by Tsuri Japan

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Nigelman,

Sorry I haven't been able to answer your earlier questions but I was on vacation and only found those when I read this last one ;)

It shouldn't be too hard to accomplish what you want but needs some customizing and I'll have a look into it later today. Cool looking shop by the way !

regards,

Howard

Just thought I'd give a friendly reminder, love it if you could still help me out on this wheeloftime or anyone for that matter. The great thing is if this gets done I'll add it as another extension of this already great contrib. Being able to see the image of your shipping company would make it that much cooler.

Nigelman