• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Estimated Shipping Costs

the site is:

www.islamicjewellery.co.uk

it is running on that site but in the cart page it looks like this script modified and not the ship in cart ms2

does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

I tried to look but only got

CPU QUOTA EXCEEDED

Account temporarily ran out of CPU recources. Please close your browser and try again later.

Maybe they adjusted it, you would have to ask them.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to look but only got

Maybe they adjusted it, you would have to ask them.

i checked it.. goes thru now

i hve emailed them but they havent responded - try checking the site site now

or

www.islamicjewellery.co.uk/index.php

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

i checked it.. goes thru now

i hve emailed them but they havent responded - try checking the site site now

or

www.islamicjewellery.co.uk/index.php

yes, it worked now.

Looking at the shopping cart and the page source I would say it is not an altered version of my estimated shipping contrib but the ship in cart contrib or something made by themselves.

If they don't answer I guess they are not willing to share it but you still might receive an answer from them.

Hi,

I was wondering how we could change the contribution so customer could click on a link instead of pressing Enter to calculate the estimated shipping cost. I want to add a button instead of "press enter" so customers could click on it or press enter.

Thanks for this great contribution. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Hi,

I was wondering how we could change the contribution so customer could click on a link instead of pressing Enter to calculate the estimated shipping cost. I want to add a button instead of "press enter" so customers could click on it or press enter.

Thanks for this great contribution. :thumbsup:

That would be nicer indeed, wouldn't it :D I'll have it updated with a button so you can click or press.

That would be nicer indeed, wouldn't it :D I'll have it updated with a button so you can click or press.

Thank you for your quick reply and thank you for your help and support. :thumbsup:

I have one more question. There is a border around the box. I wanted to change the border color but I couldn't find the code for that. Would you please tell me where that color code is coming from?

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Thank you for your quick reply and thank you for your help and support. :thumbsup:

I have one more question. There is a border around the box. I wanted to change the border color but I couldn't find the code for that. Would you please tell me where that color code is coming from?

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Look in your (catalog)/stylesheet.css for

.estimatedshippingBox {
 background: #B8A072;
 border-color: #f7e7cc;
 border-style: ridge;
 border-width: medium;
}

TD.estimatedshippingBoxHeading {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 11px;
 font-weight:;
 text-align: center;
 font-variant: small-caps;
 background-image: url("images/categorieheader.gif");
 background-color: #;
 color: #ffffff;
 border-top-color: #;
 border-bottom-color: #f7e7ab;
 border-top-style: none;
 border-bottom-style: ridge;
 border-left-style: none;
 border-right-style: none;
}
.estimatedshippingBoxContents {
 background: #f7e7cc;
 font-size: 10px;
}

With the .estimatedshippingBox style there is an entry for border-color which you can change to a different color.

Look in your (catalog)/stylesheet.css for

.estimatedshippingBox {
 background: #B8A072;
 border-color: #f7e7cc;
 border-style: ridge;
 border-width: medium;
}

TD.estimatedshippingBoxHeading {
 font-size: 11px;
 font-weight:;
 text-align: center;
 font-variant: small-caps;
 background-image: url("images/categorieheader.gif");
 background-color: #;
 color: #ffffff;
 border-top-color: #;
 border-bottom-color: #f7e7ab;
 border-top-style: none;
 border-bottom-style: ridge;
 border-left-style: none;
 border-right-style: none;
}
.estimatedshippingBoxContents {
 background: #f7e7cc;
 font-size: 10px;
}

With the .estimatedshippingBox style there is an entry for border-color which you can change to a different color.

That didn't work. My style sheet for the box is as folows:

.estimatedshippingBox {
 background: #FF8E90; 
}

But I still have a orange border around the box. You can check that in my store at http://www.BargainCollection.com (add an item to the cart).

If I enter a border code into the .estimatedshippingBox it will show double borders.

Edited by omidhz

Regards,

yes, it worked now.

Looking at the shopping cart and the page source I would say it is not an altered version of my estimated shipping contrib but the ship in cart contrib or something made by themselves.

If they don't answer I guess they are not willing to share it but you still might receive an answer from them.

nice one dude.. thanks for your time

BTW, very nice script... i'll work on it to get some kind of similar effect (and matbe try to get it show up in the shoppoing cart infobox)

cheers!!

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

That didn't work. My style sheet for the box is as folows:

.estimatedshippingBox {
}

But I still have a orange border around the box. You can check that in my store at http://www.BargainCollection.com (add an item to the cart).

If I enter a border code into the .estimatedshippingBox it will show double borders.

Looking at the source of your shopping cart page I see a <TD> tag with a style class called Textbox which might be the one interfering with the .estimatedshippingBox class. I can't find that Textbox class in your stylesheet however but I think that is where you have to look for.

Looking at the source of your shopping cart page I see a <TD> tag with a style class called Textbox which might be the one interfering with the .estimatedshippingBox class. I can't find that Textbox class in your stylesheet however but I think that is where you have to look for.

That was interesting.

The TextBox is coming from boxes.php:

function estimatedshippingBoxContents($contents) {

$this->table_cellpadding = '1';

$this->table_parameters = 'class="estimatedshippingBoxContents"';

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array(array('text' => tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '1')));

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($contents); $i<$n; $i++) {

$info_box_contents[] = array(array('align' => $contents[$i]['align'],

'form' => $contents[$i]['form'],

'params' => 'class="TextBox"',

'text' => $contents[$i]['text']));

I have created a TextBox style in my style sheet with a new border color, but it created another border inside the box.

Regards,

That was interesting.

The TextBox is coming from boxes.php:

Ha ha, yes, you are right and it isn't even used as far as I know. It is a copy of a part of one of the infobox contributions I use and appearantly it is something obselete.

Anyhow, I found your problem by looking for the color code of that 'border' in your stylesheet and you know what; it is not a border but a small visible part of the background color for the estimated shipping box.

If you change the background for

.estimatedshippingBox {
}

to

.estimatedshippingBox {
 background: #f1f9fe; 
}

it is a match with the rest

Ha ha, yes, you are right and it isn't even used as far as I know. It is a copy of a part of one of the infobox contributions I use and appearantly it is something obselete.

Anyhow, I found your problem by looking for the color code of that 'border' in your stylesheet and you know what; it is not a border but a small visible part of the background color for the estimated shipping box.

If you change the background for

.estimatedshippingBox {
}

to

.estimatedshippingBox {
 background: #f1f9fe; 
}

it is a match with the rest

You know what?

your the man. Excellent. it worked. Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Hi everyone. First off, this is a great contrib and one that I am so glad to find because I was searching so long for one just like it. Just a forenote, I know programming language, I just don't know PHP persay...

Anyways, I chose not to use the estimator in an infobox on either side. I wanted to impliment it in the shopping cart, but this was very difficult to figure out. So I simply put a new button on the bottom bar to "Estimate Shipping". When clicked, a new window pops up and displays the Shipping Estimator. Here is the code for the popup page.

<?php

require("includes/application_top.php");

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART);

?>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Shipping Estimate</title>
<link href="/catalog/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<script language="javascript" src="/catalog/includes/general.js"></script>
</head>

<body onLoad="window.focus();window.status='Dirt Cheap RC - Only @ The Barn Floor';return true;">
<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ESTIMATED_SHIPPING); ?>
</body>
</html>

So I was playing around and everything worked fine. It works awesome when I am logged in. So I logged out, cleared all my cache, restarted the browser, and went back to my site. I added some items to the cart, clicked on the "Estimate Shipping" button again, and the window that I pasted above pops up. BUT, there is nothing there...

The strange thing is, sometimes, when I am a guest who is not logged in and OSC has no idea what my zipcode is, I get 1 of 2 windows. The 2nd window is perfect and what I would like it to do always. The 1st is not so good, and you can see why, lol. Here they are.

Window 1

estimator01.gif

Window 2

estimator02.gif

I believe I have pinpointed how to make those two windows occur. I have 3 shipping choices, UPS, USPS and Free shipping over $300.

The 1st window occurs simply when there are no shipping methods available. This is because there is no zip code given, and UPS and USPS methods are coded to not show up. Hence, nothing shows up. ....Which still doesnt explain why the select box and input field dont show up.

The 2nd window occurs when I increase my order to over $300. This causes the free shipping method to be available. UPS and USPS still dont show. From here on, the page displays as Window 2 when i decrease my order to under $300 - just how i want it to display...

After getting either 1 of these windows, I can log in and get the following.

Window 3

estimator03.gif

This is obviously good too. But, like we all want, the shipping estimate must work for those who are not logged in, else they will most likely not make an account just to see shipping charges.

I assumed that this was addressed as of v1.5. But maybe I am doing something wrong... I hope this was not covered in any previous posts, I read the 1st 3/4 of this thread and got tired of not finding what I wanted, its long :)

SO wrapping up :) I dont know what is wrong, I have completely uninstalled everything and tried a reinstall, but to no avail. It still has a problem displaying when there is no zipcode assigned. It may be that I am not including the right file or variables in my popup page. I am going to try to continue playing, but some help along the way would be appreciated.. Thanks everyone.

The site URL is TheBarnFloor.com

This is off topic, but i was also thinking of making a scrollable div on my popup page that displays the contents and quantities of the cart, this way the user can be sure that the quote is for their cart. I dont want the shipping estimator to be too 'distant' from the cart. Does anyone have any ideas where i would grab the code from to do this? maybe shopping_cart?

Anyways, I chose not to use the estimator in an infobox on either side. I wanted to impliment it in the shopping cart

On page 1 and 2 of this thread there is a sample of how to place it correctly on the shopping cart page.

This is obviously good too. But, like we all want, the shipping estimate must work for those who are not logged in, else they will most likely not make an account just to see shipping charges.

I made this contrib especially with the non-registered/not logged in customer in mind and that has always worked and been the case since the first version. The problem for you is that it wasn't designed to be used as a popup. You can do that of course but then you have to make sure all known/needed session variables are passed to your popup.

regards,

Howard

The problem for you is that it wasn't designed to be used as a popup. You can do that of course but then you have to make sure all known/needed session variables are passed to your popup.

Thank you, That is what I am thinking. Do you know how I can be sure I get all of my necessary session variables passed to my popup? It seems that they don't necessarily need to be 'passed' but only included in the page to be called upon...

Or, is there a way that I can set the variable $estzipcode to a pre-defined zip if no zip is found?

Any help would be great, thank you for the reply. :)

Chris

Thank you, That is what I am thinking. Do you know how I can be sure I get all of my necessary session variables passed to my popup? It seems that they don't necessarily need to be 'passed' but only included in the page to be called upon...

Or, is there a way that I can set the variable $estzipcode to a pre-defined zip if no zip is found?

Any help would be great, thank you for the reply. :)

Chris

Chris,

That 1st, empty, window puzzles me as the others look okay and indicate you have all variables at hand. After all they are just session variables which are asked upon already. You didn't say so but could it be the empty window is there alone when you have nothing in your cart ? That would explain it as the estimated shipping box only comes to visibility when there is at least one product inside the cart.

For the zipcode I have choosen to leave it empty for not logged in customers and have it pre-filled with the customers zipcode when logged in. The country is pre-defined based upon the shop's country of origin when a customer is not logged in or the country from the customer as he/she is logged in.

You could pre-define the zipcode also based upon the shop's zipcode but that seemed less logical.

Take a look inside the estimated_shipping.php inside the modules directory to change the default behaviour for this just like with the country setting.

Something else is if you really want this as a popup ? It crossed my mind when I started writing this but as popups are not very user friendly I abonded the idea immediately. If a user has it's browser full screen or works with 800x600 resolution a popup vanishes behind the browser as soon as the user clicks on the browser to do something else in between.

You will also loose one of the nice things, I think, for the estimated shipping which is it automatically refreshes when something is added/deleted from the cart.

Howard

Hmm, well I do have the popup set to focus() onload. But you are right that it is nice to have it in the cart so that it automatically updates without having to click the button to see the popup.

The problem isn't that there is nothing in the cart, I have the button show up only when there is an item present.

I will probably try putting it back in the cart, It just seemed to clutter things up, plus I was having a hard time with the code placement, but I'll just read more closely the 1st 2 pages of this thread. It seemed to me that the problem with having it in the cart was not 'successfully' solved though.

Thanks again!

Chris

I will probably try putting it back in the cart, It just seemed to clutter things up, plus I was having a hard time with the code placement, but I'll just read more closely the 1st 2 pages of this thread. It seemed to me that the problem with having it in the cart was not 'successfully' solved though.

Read the last post on page 1 which method should work. The only thing you have to keep in mind is to call upon estimated shipping after the </form> tag otherwise you are stuck with a form inside a form which doesn't work.

Hmm, well I do have the popup set to focus() onload. But you are right that it is nice to have it in the cart so that it automatically updates without having to click the button to see the popup.

The problem isn't that there is nothing in the cart, I have the button show up only when there is an item present.

Thanks again!

Chris

post your shopping cart page here so i can take a look

CHOOCH