• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Estimated Shipping Costs

I haven't been able to find this issue in the forum, so perhaps it is related to other contribs I have installed.

Basically, I installed the 1.7 version and it appears to work great. A really helpful contribution by the way, and I think one that my customers will apppreciate.

The problem is that when the customer logs in and proceeds to the checkout_shipping, there is no default shipping method already selected. (Before, UPS ground was always selected initially.) The reason this is important for my store is that Paypal Express Checkout will either

a:) allow the customer to checkout without a shipping charge, or

b:) Trap them on the checkout payment page since there isn't a shipping charge, and not allow them to proceed. (Which error presents itself seems to depend on the web server / PHP versions)

I've had to uninstall for the time being, but I would really like to make this work. Does anyone have an idea where that default shipping method is called and why it would be affected. By the way, I don't have the pure UPS contrib supplied with OSC. It gave poor results, so I have the UPS with insurance contrib http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,UPS+insured

installed. Thanks again to anyone who can help, and thanks Howard for such a needed contribution.

Art

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed the 1.7a version. I have been looking for this type of contribution for some time. While the UPS and USPS shipping estimates seem to be working fine, I can't get the table rates to work. I did a quick search and I think this may be a problem that has yet to be resolved. Has anybody been able to use this contribution with table rates? I have a table rate for U.S. customers. If their order is below $199 then shipping is $7.97. Over $199 and it is free.

Thanks in advance for your insight on this.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I am quite new to PHP and OsCommerce, but I thought to 'plunge in and find out what I could do'. I installed this great contribution (number one reason in the Netherlands to quit shopping is not knowing what the extra costs are!) and also the contribution about the Ajax Shopping cart (great one too!).

Now my question is: when I change the quantity in the shopping cart, ajax dynamically changes the amount of products picked and the total costs. However, the estimated shipping costs remain the same (if I order one product or one thousand). How can I change the estimated shipping costs, so that it also changes when the quantities in the shopping cart change?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

HI

Just installed the Estimated Shipping Costs and we are getting the following error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class in

httpclient in /includes/classes/http_client.php on line 37

Uhave searched everywhere an con not find an answer. can anyone point us in the correct direction

Thanks

joe

----------------------------

Long Island, New York

Shown are the shipping options and estimated costs

which are available for the selected country.

The final shipping costs you will get during checkout

and these estimates may differ!

Select country to ship to:

for Australia

This is what i have on my page. When i add to cart no costs come up. I am using auspost and weight for pricing.

Can anyone help please.

stasmmr

• 4 weeks later...

'OK installed this contribution v1.5 on my 2.2М2.

Works fine but noted a bug.

If allow free shipping in administration is ON for orders over ... amount and customer is qualified for

free shipment - the payable methods of shipment and their cost still displaying in the Estimated

Shipping Cost Box.

Is it possible to improve?

Thanks

Sergei

Edited by leveera

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me.

I just got negotiated rate support with UPS. When I turn it on and go to the checkout_shipping page, it works fine. However, the estimated shipping box gives me the following error:

upsxml.log

2007-03-29 10:46:59 TimeInTransit 270032: Invalid Destination Postal Code and City

2007-03-29 10:47:00 Rates 111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations.

2007-03-29 10:49:30 TimeInTransit 270032: Invalid Destination Postal Code and City

2007-03-29 10:49:31 Rates 111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations.

2007-03-29 10:50:24 TimeInTransit 270032: Invalid Destination Postal Code and City

2007-03-29 10:50:25 Rates 111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations.

2007-03-29 10:50:30 Rates 110206: Missing/Illegal ShipTo/Address/StateProvCode 9232

Apparently, the estimated shipping code does not take the complete address info, if you are logged in.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Donna Gordon

UKGoods.com

• 3 weeks later...

I have had a running error message when customers view their orders in their account at account_history_info.php as follows:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class order in /catalog/includes/classes/estimated_shipping_class.php on line 0

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this? It occurs when customers click to view an order in their account.

• 1 month later...

Good morning! Great contribution!!! I have installed version 1.7, and the estimated shipping box is in my left column.

Two quick (hopefully quick) problems -- Has anyone tried installing this with FedEx? It will only list the Express Saver rate, although during checkout, customers can select from Home Delivery and Express Saver.

Also, the Express Saver rate shown in the estimated shipping box is different than the Express Saver rate shown during checkout.

My USPS Priority Mail rate is exactly the same though.

Thanks so much!!

• 3 weeks later...

Great contribution!

I just added it to a store as the popup version and it works great with UPS and USPS. However, I would like to also include 2 other shipping modules in the popup -- Pickup At Store and Local Delivery. I can't seem to figure out how to add these.

I tried in estimated_shipping_functions.php to copy the format and add on Line 123 but can't seem to pickup the other two modules using the same basic code as used for UPS and USPS.

Questions:

1. Anyone added other shipping modules? How?

2. On Line 123 where it has the code I tried adding this to the line:

|| $quotes[$i]['module'] == 'Pickup At Store'

But how do I determine the correct text to put where I have Pickup At store?

And is this the only place it goes, assuming I'm even on the right track at all.

Site is ccappliance DOT com/store

Thanks.

awesome contribution, thank you for developing, as far I never had problems with it!

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Howard or whomever might be able to help me out, I have has 1.7a working great as a popup on the shopping cart page for some time. Great contribution!

I use FedEx real time quotes 2.07 - Ground and Home rates only.

For logged in customers, GROUND rates are shown if their is an entry in the Company Name field, and HOME (residential) rates are shown if Company Name is blank.

This Estimated Shipping contribution shows GROUND rates by default because the file catalog/includes/classes/estimated_shipping_class.php has

'company' => 'dummy',

in the delivery array.

If I change it to

'company' => '',

the contribution shows customers HOME rates flawlessly.

Now my question is I would like to show BOTH Ground and Home rates in the popup. How would this be possible and can anyone help me do it?

I tried creating a paralell process, like estimated_shipping_class2.php etc... trying to merge the two quotes together in the popup, but failed miserably. I just dont know my php well enough.

All help or direction appreciated!

-Dave

Howard or whomever might be able to help me out, I have has 1.7a working great as a popup on the shopping cart page for some time. Great contribution!

I use FedEx real time quotes 2.07 - Ground and Home rates only.

For logged in customers, GROUND rates are shown if their is an entry in the Company Name field, and HOME (residential) rates are shown if Company Name is blank.

This Estimated Shipping contribution shows GROUND rates by default because the file catalog/includes/classes/estimated_shipping_class.php has

'company' => 'dummy',

in the delivery array.

If I change it to

'company' => '',

the contribution shows customers HOME rates flawlessly.

Now my question is I would like to show BOTH Ground and Home rates in the popup. How would this be possible and can anyone help me do it?

I tried creating a paralell process, like estimated_shipping_class2.php etc... trying to merge the two quotes together in the popup, but failed miserably. I just dont know my php well enough.

All help or direction appreciated!

Hi Dave,

This more sounds like a 'problem' in your FedEx contribution. If you do not want to filter on a filled in or not filled in company field you should change it there.

Regards,

Howard

Hi Dave,

This more sounds like a 'problem' in your FedEx contribution. If you do not want to filter on a filled in or not filled in company field you should change it there.

Regards,

Howard

Hey thanks for the reply! its not really a problem with the fedex module, it is by design. FedEx only wants to give one (Ground) type rate, or the other (Home), during normal checkout, and that is determined by the ship-to address Company Name field being null or not. perfectly normal - businesses get Ground rates, residences get Home rates. Your contribution even knows when a logged in customer is a Home or Ground customer so all is well there.

What I was trying to do is come up with a way for the estimated shipping popup to show BOTH the Ground and Home rates for non-logged in customers since I do not know which is appropriate until they create an account, and showing them both rates would be good.

I can either place a check box in the popup, with a Home or Commercial(default) choice, then have the popup use the appropriate class file (i.e. one with Company Name "dummy" and one with Company Name "" .

or

have both rates show up every time, one below the other, which is what I tried to do initially but failed.

Thank you for the help and advice.

-Dave

Howard or Roaddoctor:

Can you help us get the 1.7 popup to show a couple other shipping options? Not sure where to add the code and how to figure out the identity of the additional shipping modules (Local Delivery and Pickup At Store). I'm guessing it would be the same as adding the Fedex shipping module as you described, but I tried a couple times at it and it didn't bring them up with the UPS and USPS, so I obviously didn't get something right. Didn't get any erors, etc., but also did not get the rates for the two additional modules.

Appreciate any guidance you might have. Thanks.

Hey thanks for the reply! its not really a problem with the fedex module, it is by design. FedEx only wants to give one (Ground) type rate, or the other (Home), during normal checkout, and that is determined by the ship-to address Company Name field being null or not. perfectly normal - businesses get Ground rates, residences get Home rates. Your contribution even knows when a logged in customer is a Home or Ground customer so all is well there.

What I was trying to do is come up with a way for the estimated shipping popup to show BOTH the Ground and Home rates for non-logged in customers since I do not know which is appropriate until they create an account, and showing them both rates would be good.

I can either place a check box in the popup, with a Home or Commercial(default) choice, then have the popup use the appropriate class file (i.e. one with Company Name "dummy" and one with Company Name "" .

or

have both rates show up every time, one below the other, which is what I tried to do initially but failed.

Thank you for the help and advice.

I see what you mean but to get both rates you would have to call the fedex module twice, once with filled company name and once without. Est. Shipping is just a wrapper around the defined shipping modules and will call those with the information known at that point. I don't know the fedex module but is seems easier to create an exception there as with est. shipping. You could check there if you are on a checkout page and if not retrieve both quotes, otherwise just the one valid for that customer.

If you want to do it within est. shipping you would have to create an extra call to the fedex module with the only difference the company name filled in and empty. Not so easy to do it there.

seems easier to create an exception there as with est. shipping. You could check there if you are on a checkout page and if not retrieve both quotes, otherwise just the one valid for that customer.

I am going to explore that direction. The fedex module is fairly complicated in its API coding, but I will give it a look.

If anyone smarter than me would know how/where to place the exception, all input appreciated.

Here is the contribution. I use 2.07, not 2.07.1 Fedex Real Time Quotes

-thanks!

-Dave

I'm trying to modify this contribution to reflect the shopping carts of most yahoo stores. They have the shipping calculator have 1 input field for zipcode, 1 dropdown for countries, and 1 dropdown for shipping methods, with an apply button that refreshes the page and adds numbers underneath the subtotal.

I'm stuck at trying to get a dropdown menu of shipping methods. I could manually create an array of shipping methods, but I would like it to be dynamic and reflect what shipping methods are disabled in admin. I was thinking of manually creating the array, then comparing it against MODULES_SHIPPING_DISALLOWED_METHODS, but it seems tedious and there must be a better way. Also, where are the ids for each shipping method defined? Is there some global array that defines both the name and id of each available shipping method?

Hello for all, thanks for contrib, its really important for my shop..

Im not 100% right if this is a problem if Estimated Shipping, but i think it is:

In my store, when you try to search anything by using browser Firefox, the field search does not acept caracters, but when you put a ítem to the cart, after the E.S. appear, the field Search is ok.

ps: in Internet Explorer this error dont appear...

If you could me help i´ll really happy.

If you need see the problem that i talk, see in my site www.suricate.com.br

my version of E.S is 1.0

Best Regards and sorry for my bad English!

Fernando

I see what you mean but to get both rates you would have to call the fedex module twice, once with filled company name and once without. Est. Shipping is just a wrapper around the defined shipping modules and will call those with the information known at that point. I don't know the fedex module but is seems easier to create an exception there as with est. shipping. You could check there if you are on a checkout page and if not retrieve both quotes, otherwise just the one valid for that customer.

If you want to do it within est. shipping you would have to create an extra call to the fedex module with the only difference the company name filled in and empty. Not so easy to do it there.

OK, with some help I have this worked out. If anyone uses this Estimated Shipping pop-up and FedEx Real Time Quotes 2.04 or higher (tested on 2.07), here is how to have BOTH Ground and Home rates appear in your pop-up shipping, but retain standard shipping quote processes and rules during normal checkout. Since this code is specific to this Estimated Shipping module, I have posted it here rather than in the FedEx thread. Full credit to Dadsim (Dimon) for the good work. I"m just posting it here for others to enjoy.

BACKUP your file first!

in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex1.php

Find all lines matching:

if ($order->delivery['company'] != '')

Change to:

if ($order->delivery['company'] != '' && $order->delivery['company'] != 'dummy')

Find all lines:

if ($order->delivery['company'] == '')

Change to:

if ($order->delivery['company'] == '' && $order->delivery['company'] != 'dummy')

Find all lines:

if($this->cart_weight > MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER1_DISCOUNT_WEIGHT && 
$this->cart_weight < MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER2_DISCOUNT_WEIGHT && 
ctype_digit(MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER1_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE) && 
$order->delivery['company'] != '')

Change to:

if($this->cart_weight > MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER1_DISCOUNT_WEIGHT && 
$this->cart_weight < MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER2_DISCOUNT_WEIGHT && 
ctype_digit(MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER1_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE) && 
$order->delivery['company'] != ''
&& $this->quotes['methods'][$key]['id'] != '90')

Find all lines:

elseif($this->cart_weight > MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER2_DISCOUNT_WEIGHT && 
ctype_digit(MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER2_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE) && 
$order->delivery['company'] != '')

Change to:

elseif($this->cart_weight > MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER2_DISCOUNT_WEIGHT && 
ctype_digit(MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_TIER2_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE) && 
$order->delivery['company'] != ''
&& $this->quotes['methods'][$key]['id'] != '90')

-enjoy

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

First of thanks for the contribution wheeloftime. I have a question though, im using the latest version and this problem keeps coming up so I was wondering if this issue was ever fixed?

111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations.

If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact UKGoods via Email.

Ive been through this whole thread and couldnt seem to find the answer.

• 4 weeks later...

We are selling products in several countries. The shipping costs are put in the admin and now we want to put the estimated shipping costs in the shopping cart (instead of in the column). Therefor I copied the 'box' not in the column_right but in the shipping_cart. Unfortunately only the shipping costs for one country are shown (and selecting another one is not changing). Where in OsC can we solve this?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the basic 1.5 version, as I'm in the UK and don't need the UPS support. However, my shipping module is modified, I just have 3 zones - UK, Europe, and rest of the world.

I need to know where the country code is picked up, and how it determines which shipping is valid, as the contrib works fine for the UK (home country), but selecting any other country results in no output.