• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

default password possible?

jcestlin

I am collecting quite a bit of information from our customers (students) on a form, and rather than having them re-enter much of the same info when they come to our shopping cart, I'm sending the data from my form to the 'customers' table in OScommerce.

Got this to work, so that when they type in their email address, OS commerce recognizes them as a returning customer.

I would like to give them all the same default password which they can change after their initial login to OSCommerce, but haven't had any luck by putting 'password' as the default in the customers_password field in the customers table.

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks -

Jennifer

I am collecting quite a bit of information from our customers (students) on a  form, and rather than having them re-enter much of the same info when they come to our shopping cart, I'm sending the data from my form to the 'customers' table in OScommerce.

Got this to work, so that when they type in their email address, OS commerce recognizes them as a returning customer.

I would like to give them all the same default password which they can change after their initial login to OSCommerce, but haven't had any luck by putting 'password' as the default in the customers_password field in the customers table.

Thanks -

Jennifer

Hi I found this in the contributions I dont know if this is what your looking for.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...master+password

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

I am collecting quite a bit of information from our customers (students) on a  form, and rather than having them re-enter much of the same info when they come to our shopping cart, I'm sending the data from my form to the 'customers' table in OScommerce.

Thanks -

Jennifer

Are you entering the MD5 hash? At least I think that's how the PW is stored under oxCommerce.

I've figured out that I can set the 'customers_password' as a hidden variable in my form with a stock password that was generated by the 'forgotten password' email. I then would let everyone know to use that as their default password, but that they must change it after logging in, to protect their information.

Just not sure if that's secure enough...

Archived