• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

problems installing french language

Solaris.M.K.A

After searching for answers here on this forum and elsewhere on the site, I am at a loss >_<

The default langages all worked fine for oscommerce and I have everything pritty much set up, BUT the problem arizes when I installed the french language pack to which I found here on this site and then downloaded. I followed the nessessary instructions found on the site and followed some sugestions that were posted by other users to which I then used the oscommerce admin interface to setup and install the french language. I then ssh 'ed into the server to which i created a french dir in /catalog/includes/languages ->french and uploaded the needed files. I also did this for the admin section /admin/includes/laguages/

So needless to say on the main 'catalog' page the flag and everthing was displaying correctly. However when i click on the french flag it leads me to the blank page.

I tried checking and changing the permissions of the directories themselves to see if that would help. It did not :angry:

So right now I'm quite frustrated. I've put a lot of work into this and I have not found a solution anywhere.

The current address to the store is:

http://childb.csolve.net/childb/members/shop/catalog/

Even though, its 'online' its basically offline till I get the rest of the goods and services completed as well as this little 'feature' corrected! :thumbsup: :blink:

Hi:

Afraid I've not got a solution, but it is possible to see some of your pages in French (shipping.php, privacy.php, and so on). NOT the index.php file, however... Just guessing, but your language pack seems to be missing files--possibly it was written for MS1, not MS2? Some missing characters too--seeing things like:

confidentialit�

pr�nom

requ�tes

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Hi:

Afraid I've not got a solution, but it is possible to see some of your pages in French (shipping.php, privacy.php, and so on). NOT the index.php file, however... Just guessing, but your language pack seems to be missing files--possibly it was written for MS1, not MS2? Some missing characters too--seeing things like:

confidentialit�

pr�nom

requ�tes

Hmmm, well thanks anyway. I've decided to disable all other languages and just stick to plain old english. The best thing to do is stick with what I know and the better thing for me is just keep it simple anyways.

again thanks for your help.

Archived