• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Digitable Downloads

ama

There is a Downloads button in Config to activate downloads but once you turn it on how does it really work

I am setting up for a cliet that sells digital downloads that are dowloadable once the customer has paid. She has this set via paypal to payloadz.com

We want to make it totally oscommerce now so how would that be done

Thank You,

Bevery G.

AHHH, downloads....we always have fun with this one.

My short list of things to do.

1. Set downloads enable in admin to true.

2. Make sure your catalog/download and catalog/pub folders have full read.write permission (i.e. chmod 777 etc.)

3. Upload via ftp the download file (i.e. myfavorite.mp3) into your catalog/download folder.

4. Create a product via admin that describes yourfavorite.mp3 song etc. Give it zero weight (Virtual product).

5. Create a "download" attribute (one time can be used with other downloads) and add it to your product myfavorite.mp3.

6. Enter the filename only myfavorite.mp3 in the attribute at the bottom of the product attribute screen.

7. Install the "Download Controller" contribution (optional but highly recommended.)

When the order is sucessfully completed and paid for then the oscommerce checkout process will create a special directory in catalog/pub and place a copy of the download in that directory for that customer and will provide a "link" to it. The link will also be available to customers via their order history for x days and/or x downloads specified in the admin facility.

Have fun

HTH

Tom

Thank you for your very informative post! My brain cells are dead! Just when I thought I couldn't look at one more post, I read yours. There are so many LITTLE details and variables involved in setting up an online store and all of them have caused my learning curve to plummet. :wacko:

It was quite refreshing to see how, where and what is involved in setting up downloads after the sale in one concise easy to read post.

Again, Thank you!

Thanks So Much for the very helpful information..

AHHH, downloads....we always have fun with this one.

My short list of things to do.

1. Set downloads enable in admin to true.

2. Make sure your catalog/download and catalog/pub folders have full read.write permission (i.e. chmod 777 etc.)

3. Upload via ftp the download file (i.e. myfavorite.mp3) into your catalog/download folder.

4. Create a product via admin that describes yourfavorite.mp3 song etc. Give it zero weight (Virtual product).

5. Create a "download" attribute (one time can be used with other downloads) and add it to your product myfavorite.mp3.

6. Enter the filename only myfavorite.mp3 in the attribute at the bottom of the product attribute screen.

7. Install the "Download Controller" contribution (optional but highly recommended.)

When the order is sucessfully completed and paid for then the oscommerce checkout process will create a special directory in catalog/pub and place a copy of the download in that directory for that customer and will provide a "link" to it. The link will also be available to customers via their order history for x days and/or x downloads specified in the admin facility.

Have fun

HTH

Tom

Thank You,

Bevery G.

Archived