• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

LinkBuilding

I would like to mention that the best most effective way to boost your sites rankings in the search engines for any keword is to build links.

If you want to be #1 for the word "green geckos" then you need to build more links pointing to your website than the number 1 guy for green geckos has.

If #1 guy for "green geckos" has 5000 links pointing to his site, you need 5001.

Building links is not hard, it's just very time consuming. SEO Companies will charge you minimum $500 a month to manage a linking campaign, when you can do it yourself for a fraction of the cost.

SO before buying any advertising space, or launching a ppc campaign, I would first try building a few links.

Also, the quality of your inbound links had a major effect on where you show up in the rankings. Do not link to spammy sites, links farms etc, and do not list your site in spammy link directories. Directories should be relevant to your industry. and be organized in such a fashion that they are usable to their readers.

Also, the quality of your inbound links had a major effect on where you show up in the rankings. Do not link to spammy sites, links farms etc, and do not list your site in spammy link directories. Directories should be relevant  to your industry. and be organized in such a fashion that they are usable to their readers.

That leaves getting link agreements with single sites directly. I don't think that 'time consuming' covers the full load of the amount of work this involves. The way I see it - but maybe I'm wrong - this would entail looking for specific sites that have some relevancy to your products and asking them whether they would be good enough to link your site on their pages. I would call that 'unsolicited email'. And it's still not clear to me how a company to manage the links that you've found yourself is advantagious.

But maybe I got completely the wrong end of the stick here and misunderstood what you are trying to say. If so, please correct me.

RojanUK

Adding links mainly just affects your PR. It has some effect with your index position but only a small part of it unless you are a site that is referenced as an authoritym which most are not.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I should add that you need your keywords/phrases in the anchor text of your inbound links.

allinanchor: "green geckos"

This will show you which site has the most links with "green geckos" in the anchor text.

This gives you a rough idea of how many links you need to get to be #1 for that term, not taking into account any pagerank or onpage seo aspewcts of your site.

link: www.domainname.com

This will show you how many links the domain has pointing to it. Subtract the allinanchor number from this number, and you'll have an idea how many links the site has pointing to it without "green geckos" in the anchor text.

It is very easy to calculate how much "work" it is going to take to get to the top ten for any given term. I have also built custom applications to handle the workload of building these links. It does not send email automatically, the usr always has to click a button to decide whther or not the site is worthy of a link exchange.

Also regarding unsolicited email, you won't have to worry about that, because if a website has a links page, full of link partners, and they have instructions on how to link with them, then they definitely will not consider your email link exchange request as spam. They most likely will be more than happy that you've put their link up, and will do so in return.

Of course crafting the perfect templte that you can indivually customize on a site by site basis is a must. My software handles this with ease, as well as multiple categories of sites you are building links for. Also handles mutiple logins so many people can builds links for the same site or group of sites.

If you require further info, or are interested in trying it for your site, please pm me.

Again, you are providing false information and it needs to be noted for others learning SEO. There is no way you can reach a top index position based soley on links as you suggest.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Again, you are providing false information and it needs to be noted for others learning SEO. There is no way you can reach a top index position based soley on links as you suggest.

Jack

It all depends on the keyword

The keyword is important but so is the title, page word count and so many other parts of the page. Saying you can get to a number one position with just a good PR for regular sites is just wrong. It is nothing personal against you. I'm sure you mean well. But you need to do a little more research into proper SEO techniques before making such statements.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Why are you talking about onpage properties of the page when the disussion was about reaching a top position by building links alone?

Geroge Bush's page comes up first for "miserable failure", yet the words are nowhere on the page, or anywhere in the rntire site for that matter.

This is due to the effect of the few links pointing to this page with the words "miserable failure" in the anchor text.

Nothing complicated about it, it is not rocket science as you are trying to make it out to be. SO for those learning SEO, take George Bush as an example, any page can be brought to #1 for any keyword, if you have enough links.

I was using that as an example. I'm not familiar with the site you mention but I do state that PR has a greater affect if the site is used as a reference. The site you mention sounds like it might be such a site. How many people are interested in a joke about the President? If they all link to that site for whatever reason, that changes the status of that site in the SE's viewpoint. But that is not going to happen with Bob's Fish and Bait site.

I'm not saying that SEO is rocket science but there are certain things required to reach a decent position. Saying that PR will do it for you clearly shows your lack of understanding of the subject. But talking about this will not get anyone anywhere. The simple answer is that you should prove what you say is true. Make a site about something few people are interested in and take it to number one with just backlinks. If you can do that, you will not only have me, but most web surfers knocking on your door for the secret they have not been able to find.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

All my original intent was to let people know they can promote their site by building links. I'm not saying that link building is all you should do, but it helps a huge amount.

The site I was referring to is the white house website. I thought everyone knew about that google bomb.

Archived