• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem: File uploads are disabled

sbinev

Hi everybody,

I'm new to oscommerce and my question might be redundant even though I searched quite a bit. Anyway, when I go to my administration tool it gives me the following warning:

Warning: File uploads are disabled in the php.ini configuration file.

I contacted the host company but they told me that I have to modify my scripts.

I have not secured the administration section yet either so I'll take any suggestions on that too.

Thanks!

The answer from your hosting company was not very helpful. Go back to them and ask them if file_upload is set to 'On' in php.ini

If it is set to 'Off' then you need to find another hosting company.

Vger

Thanks Vger,

I did that and the hosting company (mysql.com) told me that the admins think that script uploads are a security risk and will not enable this feature.

Are you sure there is no way programatically to go around this issue? It's rediculious I can't make my sales people to use FTP and copy file names to the database via phpmyadmin!

The answer from your hosting company was not very helpful.  Go back to them and ask them if file_upload is set to 'On' in php.ini

If it is set to 'Off' then you need to find another hosting company.

Vger

There are some people who won't leave their house in the morning because they fear getting run over by a vehicle. Seems like the people from your web hosting company are living in the same house!

With any dynamic scripting programme there are always risks that they can be misued/hacked, but all you can do is to try and keep on top of security threats and lock down the server as much as possible whilst still retaining the functionality it was deployed for in the first place. If you remove the functionality then what's the point of having the server?

You can't run osCommerce under those conditions and you can't get around it. Time to move!

Vger

Archived