• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing style.css

rus3439

Hi,

I want to change color of the table(box), where "checkout", "myaccount" and "cart contents" links are located. Which section do i modify in style.css (or any other file?) to customize those colors.

Thanks in advance,

Ruslan

We are not that rich to buy cheap things

Hi,

I want to change color of the table(box), where "checkout", "myaccount" and "cart contents" links are located.  Which section do i modify in style.css (or any other file?) to customize those colors.

Thanks in advance,

Ruslan

2 good ways to learn how the stylesheets work

1) Long way set up a test site (you don't want to change colors on a live shop :D ) and change each color definition on your stylesheet then view the pages to see what effect the changes have. - But be aware that one change can affect many pages.

2) Shorter way Get the Firefox browser and instal the free developer add on which includes a dynamci css stylesheet viewer. This will allow you to view your page and the stylesheet that drives it in real time - you can make changes to the stylesheet as you are viewing it and when you have the colors as you want them copy them from the dynamic stylesheet add them to your saved on and overwrite the old values.

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

2 good ways to learn how the stylesheets work

1) Long way set up a test site (you don't want to change colors on a live shop  :D ) and change each color definition on your stylesheet then view the pages to see what effect the changes have. - But be aware that one change can affect many pages.

2) Shorter way Get the Firefox browser and instal the free developer add on which includes a dynamci css stylesheet viewer. This will allow you to view your page and the stylesheet that drives it in real time - you can make changes to the stylesheet as you are viewing it and when you have the colors as you want them copy them from the dynamic stylesheet add them to your saved on and overwrite the old values.

Charles

Cool thanks,

Will try that

Ruslan

We are not that rich to buy cheap things

Check out the knoweledge base and find: Catalog Stylesheet Definitions

This might answer some of your stylesheet questions. I know it helped me. The names given to things can be quite confusing, pay close attention to the definitions. Hope this helps...

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

Archived