• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL Error after deleteing all vendors

picnick

Hi there,

after I deleted all vendor-entries with the admintool, I get an SQL error. Maybe because the SELECT statement in the script needs a value. How can I get this right?

Maybe I can import a single "dummy" vendor.

Thanks for all help,

picnick

Hi there,

after I deleted all vendor-entries with the admintool, I get an SQL error. Maybe because the SELECT statement in the script needs a value. How can I get this right?

Thanks for all help,

picnick

What sort of SQL error?

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Hi there,

Thanks for all help,

picnick

First thing find out what version of mySQL your server is running

If you are on a server with mySQL 4.1.xx you will may get this error when you delete all "anything" (vendors, customers, orders etc)

To fix it

In admin/includes/classes find split_page_results.php and - BACK IT UP then find the lines

$offset = ($max_rows_per_page * ($current_page_number - 1));

$sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $max_rows_per_page;

add

if ($offset < 0)

{

$offset = 0 ;

}

IN BETWEEN the lines above

The problem appears to be that mySQL 4.1.xx (Unlike older versions of the database) handles negative offsets correctly (by not accepting them as valid) :D

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Archived