• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please help me! Absolutely new to all of this!

BrioMusic

Hi! I'm totally new to OSC - just signed up yesterday - and I've never worked on a website. I've learned very basic HTML codes. I'm using the OSC admin. panel to set up my store. I need to know how to make a few changes if possible. I also have a basic editor - (HTML-Kit by chami.com) that was recommended on this board. Just got it today so I don't know that yet either. Here are my first questions:

* When I created a new listing it was showing each item 3xs with different flags. I figured out that was in the language panel and removed all the languages except English. Then I still had a UK flag. Went back to language and took out the icon code. Now it shows an X for languages on the home page. How can I remove that X? Also, can I set up the home page to not show the language options, notifications & currency options?

* Can I change the Manufacturer field to say Publisher?

* Will I be able to get a basic, functioning site just using the OSC stuff and get it published onto my site? Or do I need to start working w/ this text editor?

That's all for now.

TIA!!

Look in includes/column_left.php and column_right for code like this:

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'currencies.php');

and change to this:

//include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

//include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'currencies.php');

To change Manufacturer to Publisher -

includes/languages/english.php

You will need to use a plain tect editor to edit files, because you cannot use the osCommerce File Manager (it causes errors). Download the file, take a backup (just in case), edit the file, upload again, and if there's an error restore from the backup and no harm done.

If you add text content to a page e.g. conditions.php and the text contains an apostrophy it must be 'escaped' with a backslash, as in:

Let's = wrong

Let\'s = right

Vger

Archived