• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OS Commerce and Long Load Times in IE

GiraffeDog

Hiya,

Well we are currently installing our first OSC powered website, and I must say what a powerful piece of OS kit it is. We have done some major cosmetic changes (well for a first install anyway) and both myself and the other designer have noticed that MSIE under Windows sometimes seems to lock on page load, stopping the page from loading. Re-pasting the URL doesn't seem to change things, and you end up having to kill all explorer windows and reload the page, before it will appear again.

This only happens from the client side, as the admin panel all seems fine, as does Firefox 1.x

We're a little stumped on it, and we are hosting it on one of our own Cobalt Raq4s. The server only has around 50 sites on it (three or four are hit quite a lot, but nothing too serious).

We have attempted to reboot the box, and FYI PHP Info reports:

PHP Version 4.1.2

System Linux rev66.dhcp 2.2.16C28_III #1 Mon Jul 30 22:07:58 PDT 2001 i586 unknown

Build Date Mar 31 2002

Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext=/usr' '--enable-safe-mode' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/httpd' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-zlib' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-regex=system' '--with-ttf' '--with-db' '--with-gdbm' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-wddx=shared' '--enable-mm=shared' '--enable-xml' '--enable-ftp' '--disable-debug' '--with-libdir=/usr/lib' '--with-db3' '--with-interbase=shared' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-ldap' '--with-imap' '--with-curl=shared' '--with-pdflib=shared'

We have not turned on gzip or Caching and have currently around 300 products on the site...

It's not live yet, and there is no credit card transaction system yet, but you guys are free to take a look and see if you think there are load time errors:

http://www.devonhouse.net/shop

Thanks

GiraffeDog

Archived