• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help from Big Brains

ksaun

Hi All, :D

I want to change the look of my order emails and my welcome emails from the generic looking emails to look more professional.

I want to include my logo and format it in a way that looks like a normal invoice.

I have already designed both emails in Word, but I have no idea how or where to change the emails in OSC to make the emails that look the way I want them to.

I need help on this one, any help will be appreciated.

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

hhmmm...I did an HTML email template modification for a client a while back. I might release it as a contribution.

Basically, you can design an HTML page with placeholders for data. As soon as the moderator team releases the new contribution standards I'll get it released.

Bobby

hhmmm...I did an HTML email template modification for a client a while back.  I might release it as a contribution.

Basically, you can design an HTML page with placeholders for data.  As soon as the moderator team releases the new contribution standards I'll get it released.

Bobby

Once I create HTML email template I assume in FrontPage or Word or DreamWeaver, where do I insert it and are there any other files I need to change?

:blink:

It would require you to implement a fast and easy template class. Currently, the stock osC code does not use a template system for the storefront OR emails. Luckily, a working template class for emails is relatively easy to do.

Wait until the moderator team releases the new contribution standard and I'll release the work I've done on it.

Bobby

It would require you to implement a fast and easy template class.  Currently, the stock osC code does not use a template system for the storefront OR emails.  Luckily, a working template class for emails is relatively easy to do.

Wait until the moderator team releases the new contribution standard and I'll release the work I've done on it.

Bobby

Thanks Bobby

It was just today that I posted the template class in another thread. Here's a link: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=140464

Very easy to use template class...just initialize the class then add variables. Finally, evaluate the template. The actual use is something like this:

// include the class code
include('includes/classes/template.class.php');

// define which template to use (admin control panel for ease of use)
$template_file = 'templates/email.createaccount.html';

// initialize the class
$email = new Template( $template_file );

// define or use a variable
$customer_name = "John Doe";

// add the variable to the data array
$email->Add( 'customer_name', $customer_name );

// once all the vars are added evaluate the template
$contents = $email->Evaluate();

// do whatever you need with the templated data
tep_mail();
echo $contents;
...etc.

It's actually very simple. I don't know why someone else hasn't already released an email template system.

Bobby

It was just today that I posted the template class in another thread.  Here's a link: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=140464

Very easy to use template class...just initialize the class then add variables.  Finally, evaluate the template.  The actual use is something like this:

// include the class code
include('includes/classes/template.class.php');

// define which template to use (admin control panel for ease of use)
$template_file = 'templates/email.createaccount.html';

// initialize the class
$email = new Template( $template_file );

// define or use a variable
$customer_name = "John Doe";

// add the variable to the data array
$email->Add( 'customer_name', $customer_name );

// once all the vars are added evaluate the template
$contents = $email->Evaluate();

// do whatever you need with the templated data
tep_mail();
echo $contents;
...etc.

It's actually very simple.  I don't know why someone else hasn't already released an email template system.

Bobby

I can't wait for this to be done, I've been trying to find a solution for HTML emails for months now.

When you get the specs for the new template stuff can you let me know and give me instructions on how to impliment the changes.

Thanks Again :thumbsup:

Archived