• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stopping Protx Customer Order Emails

MadFun

Hi

I've searched the forum and haven't come across an answer to this.........

I have a recently had a website built for me that I'm very pleased with. It can be found here at www.MadFun.co.uk. The problem is that although the Protx integration works perfectly, my web designers and I, cannot work out how to stop Protx sending a confirmation of payment email to my customer. osCommerce already sends them an e-mail which in my opinion is the only one they need to get.

I get two e-mails, as the shop owner, one from osCommerce detailing the goods ordered and one from Protx to show the payment was successful. Which is fine, but I personally think it will confuse my customer to receive two e-mails.

Does anyone agree ? Or have the same problem ? Or even a solution ?

Many thanks

Steve

• 2 months later...

Hi Steve,

there are a couple of lines in catalog/includes/modules/payment/protx_form.php

$plain .= "CustomerEmail=" . $order->customer['email_address'] . "&";

$plain .= "VendorEMail=" . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . "&";

I would of thought commenting these out should stop the emails. I havent tried it as I am having other issues at the moment.

• 2 months later...
Marc0793

Just managed to apply your fix and hey presto just as I wanted, no e-mail from Protx, just the one from osCommerce.

Many thanks

Steve

Hi can you tell me how you got protx to go back to checkout process and finish the inserting to order and sending the email? I did not change the contrib it still does not do it.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...