• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEF Url's in configuration on or off?

ccg_webshop

I have an OsCommerce based webshop for over a year now and I allways had the SEF option in the configuration "on", so there are no session id's in the ur's. This allways worked fine.

Recently I installed Ultimate SEO ulr's by Chemo (and removed it again), and now when I have the SEF option on, visitors can't visit "categories" in the webshop anymore. They get an empty page. The store now only works with the SEF option off.

What can be the problem and what can I do to restore this?

I have an OsCommerce based webshop for over a year now and I allways had the SEF option in the configuration "on", so there are no session id's in the ur's. This allways worked fine.

Recently I installed Ultimate SEO ulr's by Chemo (and removed it again), and now when I have the SEF option on, visitors can't visit "categories"? in the webshop anymore. They get an empty page. The store now only works with the SEF option off.

What can be the problem and what can I do to restore this?

Re-instal the files you backed up before adding chemo's contrib (you did back up didn't you) - also check out the .htaccess you created for the Ultimate SEO and remove or amend it.

Oh and reapply your database backup to get rid of the new Cache table added by Ultimate SEO's

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

I can do all these things, but reapplying the database back-up? Is that a good idea? When you do that, you'll lose all new order information, customer info and products wich where added afther the date of that database back-up. I am talking about the database back-up in the admin section, btw.

Archived