• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EMAIL_GREET_MSEMAIL_WELCOMEEMAIL_TEXTEMAIL_CONTACT

DeGrimeShop

Hello,

I have quite a problem with the welcome mail message, it looks likes this in the mail body:

EMAIL_GREET_MSEMAIL_WELCOMEEMAIL_TEXTEMAIL_CONTACTEMAIL_WARNING

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanx in advance,

Bram

Have you used the osCommerce file editor/manager, or perhaps the one from cPanel? What happens if you restore the files you've edited with the original ones, downloaded from the 2.2 MS2 package here at oscommerce.com?

-jared

Hi Jared,

Thanks for your time.

I've use a text editor to make modifications to the site. I've tried to change the DOB format in the webform, it shows a european format but only accepts US format which causes probs at this moment with becomming a member, but other than that i did nothing on the account creation pages.

Do you know which pages to replace with new ones?

Greetings

Bram van Leeuwen

When I run this update you sugest,

it's probably in catalog/checkout_process.php or catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/orders.php . Did you back up your files before making changes? Did you notice which were the last few files you changed before the problem started?

-jared

Re hi,

My problem is not with order email, it's when a new person signs up at my store, you should receive a welcome mail but instead you get this line:

EMAIL_GREET_MSEMAIL_WELCOMEEMAIL_TEXTEMAIL_CONTACTEMAIL_WARNING

my language is the dutch one

grts,

Bram van Leeuwen

Okay, thanks to you I am getting further with this issue... I did a test with a subscription in Dutch and one in English. The UK version worked fine, this narrows the problem to a language specific problem and here are two snippets... what can I do to solve my issue?

(DUTCH VARIANT)

define('NAVBAR_TITLE_1', 'Account Aanmaken');

define('NAVBAR_TITLE_2', 'Verwerken');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Mijn Account Informatie');

define('EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Welkom bij ' . STORE_NAME);

define('EMAIL_GREET_MR', 'Beste Dhr. ' . stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['lastname']) . ',' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_GREET_MS', 'Beste Mevr. ' . stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['lastname']) . ',' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_GREET_NONE', 'Beste ' . stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['firstname']) . ',' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_WELCOME', 'Wij heten u welkom bij <b>' . STORE_NAME . '</b>.' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'U kunt nu gebruikmaken van <b>verschillende services</b> die wij aanbieden. Enkele van deze services zijn:' . "\n\n" . '<li><b>Permanente Winkelwagen</b> - Elk product die u hierin plaatst zal daar blijven totdat u ze zelf verwijderd, of gaat afrekenen.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Adresboek</b> - Wij kunnen de bestelling ergens anders afleveren dan uw eigen huis adres! Bijvoorbeeld een cadeau voor iemand die jarig is.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Bestel Geschiedenis</b> - Bekijk de bestellingen die u eerder heeft geplaatst.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Producten Reviews</b> - Deel uw mening met andere klanten.' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_CONTACT', 'Voor help met een van deze services kunt u een email sturen naar ' . STORE_NAME . ': ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_WARNING', '<b>Let op:</b> Dit email adres is door een van onze klanten aan ons gegeven. Als u zich niet heeft ingeschreven op onze winkel, stuur dan een email naar ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n");

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(ENGLISH VARIANT)

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Create an Account');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'My Account Information');

define('TEXT_ORIGIN_LOGIN', '<font color="#FF0000"><small><b>NOTE:</b></font></small> If you already have an account with us, please login at the <a href="%s"><u>login page</u></a>.');

define('EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Welcome to ' . STORE_NAME);

define('EMAIL_GREET_MR', 'Dear Mr. %s,' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_GREET_MS', 'Dear Ms. %s,' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_GREET_NONE', 'Dear %s' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_WELCOME', 'We welcome you to <b>' . STORE_NAME . '</b>.' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'You can now take part in the <b>various services</b> we have to offer you. Some of these services include:' . "\n\n" . '<li><b>Permanent Cart</b> - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Address Book</b> - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Order History</b> - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Products Reviews</b> - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_CONTACT', 'For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_WARNING', '<b>Note:</b> This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n");

Bram

This

define('NAVBAR_TITLE_1', 'Account Aanmaken');
define('NAVBAR_TITLE_2', 'Verwerken');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Mijn Account Informatie');

define('EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Welkom bij ' . STORE_NAME);
define('EMAIL_GREET_MR', 'Beste Dhr. ' . stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['lastname']) . ',' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_GREET_MS', 'Beste Mevr. ' . stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['lastname']) . ',' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_GREET_NONE', 'Beste ' . stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['firstname']) . ',' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_WELCOME', 'Wij heten u welkom bij <b>' . STORE_NAME . '</b>.' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'U kunt nu gebruikmaken van <b>verschillende services</b> die wij aanbieden. Enkele van deze services zijn:' . "\n\n" . '<li><b>Permanente Winkelwagen</b> - Elk product die u hierin plaatst zal daar blijven totdat u ze zelf verwijderd, of gaat afrekenen.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Adresboek</b> - Wij kunnen de bestelling ergens anders afleveren dan uw eigen huis adres! Bijvoorbeeld een cadeau voor iemand die jarig is.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Bestel Geschiedenis</b> - Bekijk de bestellingen die u eerder heeft geplaatst.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Producten Reviews</b> - Deel uw mening met andere klanten.' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_CONTACT', 'Voor help met een van deze services kunt u een email sturen naar ' . STORE_NAME . ': ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n\n");
define('EMAIL_WARNING', '<b>Let op:</b> Dit email adres is door een van onze klanten aan ons gegeven. Als u zich niet heeft ingeschreven op onze winkel, stuur dan een email naar ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n");

doesn't seem to be the problem. I copy/pasted it into my code and it worked.

When you tried to subscribe, did you choose another language or did you replace the dutch file with the english one?

If you didn't replace, you could try it (because the english one works) then you know the problem isn't in this language define file but somewhere else.

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

3 tips for better forum searching

Want to post? Read this first:

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Right syntax to use near '-20, 20'

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

• 2 years later...

Archived