• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Blank index after regular install

//This is on a fedora core 3 machine behind a firewall\\

I installed all of the neccessary components and performed all of the steps. I get a confirmation screen that the install was successful, and there is a page with one button that goes to the public index and one that goes into the admin index. The public index page is blank, there is no error, it's just blank. But, the admin page works perfectly and functions perfectly. Can someone please tell me what's going on?

Thanks,

Robert

Sometimes an install appears to be completed successfully but for some unknown reason only one of the two configure.php files gets written to. I would check your includes/configure.php file to see if it contains any info.

Vger

We checked the inludes/configure.php file for any errors, and there were none. All of the permissions are set to full, so I don't understand what the problem could be.

Have you got FrontPage extensions installed? If so, get your hosting company to remove them. Then FTP to your website and remove all folders that start with vti_ FrontPage and osCommerce do not go well together.

Vger

No, we don't have frontpage extensions installed. It's a server that we are running inside a network behind a firewall, so we have control over all aspects of the server. I keep hearing that the permissions must be the problem, but all permissions are set to root access. What files would permissions be a problem on?

If the server (root) owns the osCommerce website on a server then you're not going to see anything unless you are talking about an Intranet install e.g. localhost. You should then be able to access it from within the firewall, but not from outside of the firewall.

Folder permissions need to be set either to 755, or if that does not work then try 777.

Vger

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I notice the link in your signature to the register globals patched files. After replacing mine with them, it worked. Thanks for your help :D

Archived