• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing TAX to read VAT on print invoice page

m175400

If you have a new store you haven't modified much you should check out http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2816... osc specifically done for UK

Anyhow, look in your catalog/admin/includes/languages/yourlanguage/invoice.php

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

If you have a new store you haven't modified much you should check out http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2816... osc specifically done for UK

Anyhow, look in your catalog/admin/includes/languages/yourlanguage/invoice.php

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately I didn't build the original store. I don't have the directory/file you mention. I do however have /admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php and having changed both lines that refer to tax ("Tax:" and "Tax" to ("VAT: and "VAT" respectively), this has not affected the area in question.

Any other suggestions?

By the way, the page on which the tax reference is occuring is /print_order.php

It echoes the "Tax 17.%" bit with the following:

<?php

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->totals); $i < $n; $i++) {

echo ' <tr>' . "\n" .

' <td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['title'] . '</td>' . "\n" .

' <td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['text'] . '</td>' . "\n" .

' </tr>' . "\n";

}

?>

I am not sure where the $order->totalts[$i]['title'] is coming from though and, that I believe, is the offending code.

I do not have that file. I searched my entire site. You may want to see if you have a matching langauge file for that page. Did you instal some kind of contribution to handle printing invoices?

I searched for that bit of code and came up with 2 pages. Invoice.php and Orders.php. I looked at at the language file for orders.php and found the word Tax specified.

Also found it in hte invoice as I mentioned above so maybe it is in the orders.php?

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived