• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

need help with an error

envy

I am trying to update my "information" column. I successfully did the "Shipping and Returns". Now I am trying to do "Policy Notice". I am pulling my hair out. I keep getting errors on the text I am putting in but can see no errors. This is the message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/thenaile/.panel/web/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/languages/english/privacy.php on line 36

I have put \ before any ' to avoid tag problems...

Incidentally how the hell do I impliment the Line number so finding the error is easier. When I look at the html the lines aren't numbered...got any tricks?

Thanks in advance!

Envy

I am trying to update my "information" column.  I successfully did the "Shipping and Returns".  Now I am trying to do "Policy Notice".  I am pulling my hair out.  I keep getting errors on the text I am putting in but can see no errors.  This is the message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/thenaile/.panel/web/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/languages/english/privacy.php on line 36

I have put \ before any ' to avoid tag problems...

Incidentally how the hell do I impliment the Line number so finding the error is easier.  When I look at the html the lines aren't numbered...got any tricks?

Thanks in advance!

Envy

Hello,

I cheat, I use Dreamweaver which displays the line numbers ;) You would be looking at the php code, just start counting from the top including blank lines. Post a few lines from above to a few lines below line 36 here and you should receive some help in no time.

Be well,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Hello,

I cheat, I use Dreamweaver which displays the line numbers  ;) You would be looking at the php code, just start counting from the top including blank lines. Post a few lines from above to a few lines below line 36 here and you should receive some help in no time.

Be well,

Tina

I counted the lines and looked both up and down to see if anything could throw an error and there isn't anything there but words or commas ...I still can't figure out what the error is and why I am getting it.....

*desperately wanting to throw my computer*

I counted the lines and looked both up and down to see if anything could throw an error and there isn't anything there but words or commas ...I still can't figure out what the error is and why I am getting it.....

*desperately wanting to throw my computer*

Of course its your option but if you post your code here it can be helpful to have a second set of eyes look at it for you. Your computer may thank you :)

Tina

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Of course its your option but if you post your code here it can be helpful to have a second set of eyes look at it for you. Your computer may thank you :)

Tina

You totally rock and my computer thanks you for your help....If you are ever in the Los Angeles area...I can hook you up with the nicest manicure or set of nails hahaha

here's the code sorry it lumped it into one big paragraph...it is still seeing an error on 36:

<?php

/*

$Id: shipping.php,v 1.1 2004/08/25 23:11:34 akhan Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Privacy Policy');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Privacy Policy');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Privacy Policy<br><br>It is The Nail Experts \' policy to respect and protect the privacy of

our customers and the users of the The Nail Experts site. We understand

and share your concern about privacy. Through this Internet Privacy

Statement, we want to reassure users of the Site that we will not sell,

share, or rent user information to others in a manner different than as

set forth in this Internet Privacy Statement. Security Information and

Secure Ordering Strong precautions are taken to protect the information

of the users of our Site. When users submit sensitive information via

the Site, that Information is protected both online and off-line. We

take credit card information security seriously and use a variety of

technical solutions to make shopping safe at our Site. Furthermore,

your information and is protected utilizing the industry standard

Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. The information you

send us is encrypted on your computer, sent through the Internet as

jumbled code, and decoded at The Nail Experts \' secure site. While on a

secure page, such as our Order Detail page, the lock icon appears on

the bottom of your Web browser, such as Netscape Navigator and

Microsoft Internet Explorer. The lock appears closed, as opposed to

un-locked, or open, as it is shown when you are just \"surfing\". While

we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also

protect user information off-line. All of the information of our Site's

users, including the sensitive information for ordering, is maintained

in a restricted area. The Nail Experts employs the latest security

measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of

information under our control. Servers are housed in a secure location

behind firewalls, and we restrict the number of The Nail Experts

employees who can access personal data. Furthermore, our employees are

kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.

<br>

<BR>Placing Orders and Information Collection <BR>The Nail Experts will not collect or retain any information about you personally (such as, your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address) unless you provide it to us voluntarily. We will collect information from the The Nail Experts Website in several ways. If you register for an online account, we will ask you for personal information including your name, zip code, e-mail address and phone number. This personal information will be stored in your personal profile. Once you have submitted this information and chosen both a valid username and password, you will be able to take full advantage of using. The Nail Experts Website. When you make a purchase from The Nail Experts Website, we will also ask for your credit card information, as well as, billing and shipping information. We will send out confirming e-mails whenever you make a purchase, to inform you that we received your personal information or to confirm your purchase.<BR><BR>Information Sharing and Disclosure <BR>The Nail Experts will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when: We have your consent to share the information; We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested; We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of The Nail Experts to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.); We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or We find that your actions on our web sites violate The Nail Experts Terms and Conditions, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services. If you do provide us with personal information, we may retain information about your previous purchases of The Nail Experts products in order to customize our Website services for your future visits to the site. Second, we may use your e-mail address to send you updates about new products, specials and other items of interest. If you have already submitted this information and would like to remove it, you can delete this information from your personal profile. However, if you made a purchase, we will need to retain certain information for billing and shipping purposes.<BR><BR>Opting out<BR>Any personal information that you provide to The Nail Experts may be used for marketing or promotional purposes by The Nail Experts. The information provided may also be used for the following: to communicate new products, specials and other items of interest from The Nail Experts, communicate offers from other companies that offer products or services of value to you. If you object to these uses for any reason, or no reason at all, you may opt to remove your personal information from our database by unsubscribing to any e-mail you may receive from The Nail Experts, or by sending an e-mail request to [email protected] . Consent By using this Website, you agree to this Security and Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use The Nail Experts Website. The Nail Experts reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Your continued use of The Nail Experts Website following the posting of changes to our Privacy Policy will signify your acceptance of those changes.<BR><BR>Surveys & Contests<BR>From time-to-time we may request information from the users of the Site via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and the users of the Site have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as your name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level, etc.). We use such information to notify contest winners, award prizes, and for analyzing the Site traffic to improve the user\'s experience on the Site.<BR><BR>Cookies<BR>You may have heard of the term "cookies". Cookies are routinely used by most, if not all, E- commerce merchants, including The Nail Experts. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a user's hard drive through the Web browser program containing information about the user which enables us to track and personalize the Site to enhance your experience. For instance, by setting a cookie on our Site, we can provide you with storage of items in your shopping cart between visits. However, if a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our Site although we will be unable to provide our users with the personalized shopping experience we can offer using the cookie data. The Nail Experts does not use cookies, or other nonconsensual methods, to take personally identifiable or online contact information about specific users. If you have any questions about our use of cookies, please contact us at [email protected]<BR><BR>Special Offers, Account Updates and Opting Out<BR>The Nail Experts occasionally sends our customers and the users of the Site announcements and updates, which contain important information about the Site and service offerings which we believe to be of value to our customers and users. In order to do this, we may enhance or merge the information we collect on the Site with data from third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to our customers and users. We may communicate with the users of the Site via e-mail, telephone, mail, or fax in order to provide requested services, content, product information, notification of special offers, or in regard to customer service issues relating to an account. The users of the Site are always given the opportunity to "opt-out" of having their online information used for purposes not directly related to the Site. This option is available when we ask for the information or when the user receives an online requested promotional communication. For example, our e-mail messages have an "unsubscribe" feature for users of the Site who buy from us, but don't want to be notified about special offers in the future. Users can simply "Reply" back to the e-mail message and type "unsubscribe" in the subject field. Upon receipt of the reply, The Nail Experts will remove that e-mail address from our e-mail list. If a user has more than one e- mail address, he or she should include the other addresses as well to ensure proper updating of their account information. Users of the Site can always update the personally identifying information that they have provided to The Nail Experts simply by accessing and updating their account information on the Site or by e-mailing us at [email protected] The Nail Experts, your privacy and security are very important to us. If you have any questions about our policies, the practices of our site, or your dealings with The Nail Experts, please e-mail us at [email protected].'); ?>

You totally rock and my computer thanks you for your help....If you are ever in the Los Angeles area...I can hook you up with the nicest manicure or set of nails hahaha

here's the code sorry it lumped it into one big paragraph...it is still seeing an error on 36:

<?php

/*

$Id: shipping.php,v 1.1 2004/08/25 23:11:34 akhan Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Privacy Policy');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Privacy Policy');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Privacy Policy<br><br>It is The Nail Experts \' policy to respect and protect the privacy of

our customers and the users of the The Nail Experts site. We understand

and share your concern about privacy. Through this Internet Privacy

Statement, we want to reassure users of the Site that we will not sell,

share, or rent user information to others in a manner different than as

set forth in this Internet Privacy Statement. Security Information and

Secure Ordering Strong precautions are taken to protect the information

of the users of our Site. When users submit sensitive information via

the Site, that Information is protected both online and off-line.  We

take credit card information security seriously and use a variety of

technical solutions to make shopping safe at our Site. Furthermore,

your information and is protected utilizing the industry standard

Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. The information you

send us is encrypted on your computer, sent through the Internet as

jumbled code, and decoded at The Nail Experts \' secure site. While on a

secure page, such as our Order Detail page, the lock icon appears on

the bottom of your Web browser, such as Netscape Navigator and

Microsoft Internet Explorer. The lock appears closed, as opposed to

un-locked, or open, as it is shown when you are just \"surfing\". While

we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also

users, including the sensitive information for ordering, is maintained

in a restricted area. The Nail Experts employs the latest security

measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of

information under our control. Servers are housed in a secure location

behind firewalls, and we restrict the number of The Nail Experts

employees who can access personal data. Furthermore, our employees are

kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.

<br>

<BR>Placing Orders and Information Collection <BR>The Nail Experts will not collect or retain any information about you personally (such as, your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address) unless you provide it to us voluntarily. We will collect information from the The Nail Experts Website in several ways. If you register for an online account, we will ask you for personal information including your name, zip code, e-mail address and phone number. This personal information will be stored in your personal profile. Once you have submitted this information and chosen both a valid username and password, you will be able to take full advantage of using. The Nail Experts Website. When you make a purchase from The Nail Experts Website, we will also ask for your credit card information, as well as, billing and shipping information. We will send out confirming e-mails whenever you make a purchase, to inform you that we received your personal information or to confirm your purchase.<BR><BR>Information Sharing and Disclosure <BR>The Nail Experts will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when: We have your consent to share the information; We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested; We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of The Nail Experts to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.); We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or We find that your actions on our web sites violate The Nail Experts Terms and Conditions, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services. If you do provide us with personal information, we may retain information about your previous purchases of The Nail Experts products in order to customize our Website services for your future visits to the site. Second, we may use your e-mail address to send you updates about new products, specials and other items of interest. If you have already submitted this information and would like to remove it, you can delete this information from your personal profile. However, if you made a purchase, we will need to retain certain information for billing and shipping purposes.<BR><BR>Opting out<BR>Any personal information that you provide to The Nail Experts may be used for marketing or promotional purposes by The Nail Experts. The information provided may also be used for the following: to communicate new products, specials and other items of interest from The Nail Experts, communicate offers from other companies that offer products or services of value to you. If you object to these uses for any reason, or no reason at all, you may opt to remove your personal information from our database by unsubscribing to any e-mail you may receive from The Nail Experts, or by sending an e-mail request to [email protected] . Consent By using this Website, you agree to this Security and Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use The Nail Experts Website. The Nail Experts reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Your continued use of The Nail Experts Website following the posting of changes to our Privacy Policy will signify your acceptance of those changes.<BR><BR>Surveys & Contests<BR>From time-to-time we may request information from the users of the Site via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and the users of the Site have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as your name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level, etc.). We use such information to notify contest winners, award prizes, and for analyzing the Site traffic to improve the user\'s experience on the Site.<BR><BR>Cookies<BR>You may have heard of the term "cookies". Cookies are routinely used by most, if not all, E- commerce merchants, including The Nail Experts. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a user's hard drive through the Web browser program containing information about the user which enables us to track and personalize the Site to enhance your experience. For instance, by setting a cookie on our Site, we can provide you with storage of items in your shopping cart between visits. However, if a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our Site although we will be unable to provide our users with the personalized shopping experience we can offer using the cookie data. The Nail Experts does not use cookies, or other nonconsensual methods, to take personally identifiable or online contact information about specific users. If you have any questions about our use of cookies, please contact us at [email protected]<BR><BR>Special Offers, Account Updates and Opting Out<BR>The Nail Experts occasionally sends our customers and the users of the Site announcements and updates, which contain important information about the Site and service offerings which we believe to be of value to our customers and users. In order to do this, we may enhance or merge the information we collect on the Site with data from third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to our customers and users. We may communicate with the users of the Site via e-mail, telephone, mail, or fax in order to provide requested services, content, product information, notification of special offers, or in regard to customer service issues relating to an account. The users of the Site are always given the opportunity to "opt-out" of having their online information used for purposes not directly related to the Site. This option is available when we ask for the information or when the user receives an online requested promotional communication. For example, our e-mail messages have an "unsubscribe" feature for users of the Site who buy from us, but don't want to be notified about special offers in the future. Users can simply "Reply" back to the e-mail message and type "unsubscribe" in the subject field. Upon receipt of the reply, The Nail Experts will remove that e-mail address from our e-mail list. If a user has more than one e- mail address, he or she should include the other addresses as well to ensure proper updating of their account information. Users of the Site can always update the personally identifying information that they have provided to The Nail Experts simply by accessing and updating their account information on the Site or by e-mailing us at [email protected] The Nail Experts, your privacy and security are very important to us. If you have any questions about our policies, the practices of our site, or your dealings with The Nail Experts, please e-mail us at [email protected].'); ?>

It's too bad I'm never in Los Angeles :'( This is line 36:

The aposphre (sp?) in Site's is probably your problem. I looked through the rest of the code and didn't see anything however there is a lot there so I may have missed something.

Have fun,

Tina

As Tina says, that's line 36. You forgot a \ in 3 places, look for:

1. of our Site's

2. user's hard drive

3. don't want

And (in your case) delete both \ in \"surfing\". Not needed there.

One more thing: you are leaving a space at a few places just before the \'. That will not be a mistake for oscomm but probably not what you want.

Should (hope!) work after that.

As Tina says, that's line 36.  You forgot a  \  in 3 places, look for:

1. of our Site's

2. user's hard drive

3. don't want

And (in your case) delete both \ in \"surfing\".  Not needed there.

One more thing: you are leaving a space at a few places just before the \'.  That will not be a mistake for oscomm but probably not what you want.

Should (hope!) work after that.

elaine,

check your e-mails before you work on this.

sheri :rolleyes:

Archived