• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add new field to admin/categories.php

bongo

Hi guys,

I have an problem. i trying to insert an new field in admin/categories.php in products_description database.

I want this field to go with all the languages just like products_url and products_name and products_description.

I have tried to insert the code in the file, and looked at the products_url and products_name and products_description code.

I dont get any errors but the code cuts the page where i have inserted the new code. I have added an screenshot

error.jpg

Is there somebody that can help me or now if there is an contribution for this? i have searched the forum and the contrib section but with out any luck-

-Thomas-

At a glance, it looks like you've forgotten to add a define for TEXT_PRODUCTS_SONE to your /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php file. I don't know if something else might be missing.

Check the contributions for one called 'Product Extra Field' or something like that. It gives step-by-step instructions on how to add extra fields for product descriptions. Maybe that will help you figure out what you're missing.

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Thanks for the reply.

At a glance, it looks like you've forgotten to add a define for TEXT_PRODUCTS_SONE to your /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php file. I don't know if something else might be missing.

Yes this i now i just copied one of the other and didn't make the changes in the language files yet.

Check the contributions for one called 'Product Extra Field' or something like that. It gives step-by-step instructions on how to add extra fields for product descriptions. Maybe that will help you figure out what you're missing.

I found one and will try this. Thanks again

-Thomas-

Archived