• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to create a new database table

Njuwdaij

I would like to implement Visitor Web Stats on my site, but it want's me to create a new database table.

I did read the install.html file, but I still don't know how to create it in PHPMyAdmin

English is not my first language so I have no idea what this means:

Update your MySQL using the correct SQL versions shown above.

Use either the new_install_osc_visitors.sql or the new_install_visitors.sql (depending on your database table naming convention) MySQL code.

This will add two new database tables called visitors_trace and visitors to your MySQL.

a. what is that correct SQL version? It's a new install, so probably 'new_install_osc_visitors.sql'?

b. what is my 'database table convention'?

c. how to update MySQL?

I know to create a new database table (it asks for Fields??? that I do not know), but can anybody please help me what I should do....

Thanks!

You might open and compare the two SQL files to see what the differences actually are. I find those instructions a little confusing myself.

Regarding c., once you've determined which sql file to use, open the file and copy all of the contents. Then go to your oscommerce database in phpmyadmin, click the SQL tab, paste the SQL into the "Run SQL query/queries on database..." field and click Go. That's it!

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

I have NO idea what I did, but thank's! It seems to be working!

No I only get the following error:

Warning: main(includes/visitors_count.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/son/public_html/admin/includes/footer.php on line 42

Warning: main(includes/visitors_count.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/son/public_html/admin/includes/footer.php on line 42

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/visitors_count.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/son/public_html/admin/includes/footer.php on line 42

But I do have the right visitors_count.php in the includes files (CMODed it to 755 and 777 (both not working) and I've added the

<!-- Visitors Start -->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'visitors_count.php'); ?>

<!-- Visitors End -->

at the end of the footer-file in admin.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks again for your help! :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived