• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changing weight and correct shipping method

todayisbad

1. How to change product weight setup from Kg to lbs. I use foreign OSC not English one so since I installed them, their weight setup was Kg.

2. USPS shipping method working not correctly.

It should appear GPM(grobal priority mail) for International shipping under 4lbs (8.8kg). I don't see the option for it.

Other than that, it works great.

Does anyone have idea?? Thanks

I can't help you with your USPS problem, but to change kg to lbs, try opening /catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.com and look for this code (or some variation -- yours might be a little different):

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
                               'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ' x ' . $shipping_weight . 'Kg)');

change to:

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
                               'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ' x ' . $shipping_weight . 'lbs)');

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

I looked the file and it was already lbs. Do you have any idea how to change those? Here is code.

$shipping_weight = ($shipping_weight < 0.1 ? 0.1 : $shipping_weight);

$shipping_pounds = floor ($shipping_weight);

$shipping_ounces = round(16 * ($shipping_weight - floor($shipping_weight)));

$this->_setWeight($shipping_pounds, $shipping_ounces);

if (in_array('Display weight', explode(', ', MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_OPTIONS))) {

$shiptitle = ' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ' x ' . $shipping_weight . 'lbs)';

I can't help you with your USPS problem, but to change kg to lbs, try opening /catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.com and look for this code (or some variation -- yours might be a little different):

? ? ? ? ?$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ' x ' . $shipping_weight . 'Kg)');

change to:

? ? ? ? ?$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ' x ' . $shipping_weight . 'lbs)');

HTH,

Terry

If you're seeing kg's on your shipping page, then it may be that you're using a different shipping model than usps.php -- go to your Admin screen -> Modules -> Shipping and see which ones are installed. Then look through the files in /catalog/includes/modules/shipping and change the wording similar to above in any of your installed modules.

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Thanks. I think that I got it.

I can't check right now because my catalog page has error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in /home/noah/public_html/shop2/admin/categories.php on line 493

oh, well....

If you're seeing kg's on your shipping page, then it may be that you're using a different shipping model than usps.php -- go to your Admin screen -> Modules -> Shipping and see which ones are installed. Then look through the files in /catalog/includes/modules/shipping and change the wording similar to above in any of your installed modules.

HTH,

Terry

Archived