• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email notification

bwv

Apologies for elementary question, but I have searched the boards (perhaps using inadequate search terms) to no avail.

When a customer places an order I (admin) receive an email with the customer's name and address and the particulars of the order, but not the customer's email address.

When a customer check's out, they have to provide their email or else the order will not be processed.

I am sure this is an easy and obvious fix.... can someone please help?

Many thanks, d

What you receive, if you have specified "Send extra order e-mails", is an exact copy of what is sent to the customer. The customer's e-mail address is in the order record which you can see in admin.

If you find it necessary to know the e-mail address without looking in admin, you could edit the code in checkout_process.php which sends the e-mail to include the address somewhere appropriate.

You really should be using the e-mail only as a reminder to log into admin and get the order details from there.

What you receive, if you have specified "Send extra order e-mails", is an exact copy of what is sent to the customer.  The customer's e-mail address is in the order record which you can see in admin.

If you find it necessary to know the e-mail address without looking in admin, you could edit the code in checkout_process.php which sends the e-mail to include the address somewhere appropriate.

You really should be using the e-mail only as a reminder to log into admin and get the order details from there.

Thanks. I found the solution here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...r+email+address

Archived