• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with Create An Account Modification

clearasmud

Need help in trying to figure out what I hope is the final thing to successfully eliminating the create account requirement. I got the idea from the folllowing thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...87entry577887

I think I have successfully masked the account creation and I am going to the screens I want to. But, I have to log out in order for the name and address to be cleared. The cart seems to be cleared, but not the name and address. When I look in the database, I see that a password has apparently been created because I see a long number in the password field. This is here although I commented everything pertaining to the password in the create-account.php file. Apparently, a default password is assigned. The thing is I want the customer to be logged out as soon as they confirm the order. How do I do this automatically without the customer's intervention?

I know you are probably wondering why I don't use the PWA contribution. Two reasons 1) I want to do away with the account creation altogether and the PWA didn't look exactly like what I wanted, but the main reason is I am intimidated by the installation of this contribution -- specifically the instructions pertaining to the database and running scripts. Perhaps I should bite the bullet and go with the PWA contribution, but I don't understand the database part of the instructions.

Any suggestions on how I should proceed.

Thanks.

Need help in trying to figure out what I hope is the final thing to successfully eliminating the create account requirement.  I got the idea from the folllowing thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...87entry577887

I think I have successfully masked the account creation and I am going to the screens I want to.  But, I have to log out in order for the name and address to be cleared.  The cart seems to be cleared, but not the name and address.  When I look in the database, I see that a password has apparently been created because I see a long number in the password field.  This is here although I commented everything pertaining to the password in the create-account.php file.  Apparently, a default password is assigned.  The thing is I want the customer to be logged out as soon as they confirm the order.  How do I do this automatically without the customer's intervention?

I know you are probably wondering why I don't use the PWA contribution.  Two reasons 1) I want to do away with the account creation altogether and the PWA didn't look exactly like what I wanted, but the main reason is I am intimidated by the installation of this contribution -- specifically the instructions pertaining to the database and running scripts.  Perhaps I should bite the bullet and go with the PWA contribution, but I don't understand the database part of the instructions.

Any suggestions on how I should proceed. 

Thanks.

PWA works as advertised, and does allow a person to purchase without an account. If you are shipping merchandise, it only gets the information you need to complete an order.

And, your customer still has the option to create an account so they can track purchases with your shop.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Archived