• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer telephone number

GlennW

I do not want to ask my customer what his/her telephone number is. I swear I saw that option once upon a time but now don't have a clue as to how to turn it off.

Please let this be a simple question. :'(

My store is not up and running but here it is if it makes any difference to anyone trying to help. https://st21.startlogic.com/~preserve/ecomm...talog/index.php

I don't know where to enter the Information asked for in the lower left hand box either. Can I get some help with that also?

I do not want to ask my customer what his/her telephone number is.  I swear I saw that option once upon a time but now don't have a clue as to how to turn it off.

Please let this be a simple question.  :'(

My store is not up and running but here it is if it makes any difference to anyone trying to help.  https://st21.startlogic.com/~preserve/ecomm...talog/index.php

I don't know where to enter the Information asked for in the lower left hand box either.  Can I get some help with that also?

Hello,

If you look in the account_edit file, you'll find this bit of code:

if (strlen($telephone) < ENTRY_TELEPHONE_MIN_LENGTH) {
     $error = true;

That's what makes the phone number required, so you'll need to do something with that. As far as the box itself appearing, you could just comment it out. Be sure and do a backup before changing anything.

Be well,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Hello,

If you look in the account_edit file, you'll find this bit of code:

if (strlen($telephone) < ENTRY_TELEPHONE_MIN_LENGTH) {
     $error = true;

That's what makes the phone number required, so you'll need to do something with that. As far as the box itself appearing, you could just comment it out. Be sure and do a backup before changing anything.

Be well,

Tina

Thanks Tina but I don't really know what the "something" is that I need to do. Does anyone else have a suggestion or know what the "something" is?

Try this thread in the Tips & Tricks forum:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=58527&hl=phone

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Archived