• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upload a pdf file for a specific product in admin

ACE99

I'm moderately good at PHP and have over 1 year experience with OSC. I'm going through categories.php in the admin, and what I'm trying to figure out is how to create a field on the product edit page in the admin where I can upload a pdf file (a product label) for a product, and then on that product's page on the website I would like a link displayed that points to the pdf file. If there is no pdf for the product, then no link is displayed.

Could someone please give me some direction on this?

Thanks,

Philip

I'm moderately good at PHP and have over 1 year experience with OSC.  I'm going through categories.php in the admin, and what I'm trying to figure out is how to create a field on the product edit page in the admin where I can upload a pdf file (a product label) for a product, and then on that product's page on the website I would like a link displayed that points to the pdf file.  If there is no pdf for the product, then no link is displayed.

Could someone please give me some direction on this? 

Thanks,

Philip

As to modifying the admin panel, you might chec some of the contributions that have admin functions in them.

Simple way to add the page to your product info would be to include a call to an iframe in the product description. This iframe could link to or launch the pdf file, then you don't have to figure out how to add php code to the product description.

hth

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Archived