• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Red "X" in img box for header.php

momatech

:blink: Please help me... before I loose conscience from banging my head against this monitor. LOL

I am TRYING to change my header.php to my logo. I have an img under a jpeg I will be using (I hope)

First to know where I am... I have uploaded this JPEG into my IMAGES directory and then went into my includes/header.php and changed the "oscommerce.gif" to my "imgname.jpeg" and SAVE then viewed.... thats when I see IT -- that nasty little red X in my img box. Ive tried various other imgs to verify it wasnt a bug in the first one. All show as a red X.

Someone out there is probably laughing at me :P cause they know exactlly what I am doing wrong..... if you are laughing, I beg you PLEASE help me. My husband has left the area due to my frustration :'( Id love to show him I did it when he returns in a few hours LOL....

Seriously, I am enjoying working with OSCOMMERCE, BUT I just dont understand what I could possibly be doing wrong at this point.???

Anyone???? Heeeellllllppppp

First to know where I am... I have uploaded this JPEG into my IMAGES directory and then went into my includes/header.php and changed the "oscommerce.gif" to my "imgname.jpeg" and SAVE then viewed....

imgname.jpeg or imgname.jpg?

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Did you rename your file, to oscommerce.gif? If you just uploaded your own image you either need to remove the code all together or change the code from

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?>

to

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oyourfile.jpg', 'Your Store Name') . '</a>'; ?>

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Ohhh thank you

jpeg  ---- could that be it??

do i have to rename it oscommerce.gif?

OMG!! All i did was save the img as oscommerce.gif and upload it in the image file and then went to the header.php and low and behold --- it could only happen to me MY WHOLE SITE IS GONE!!!!

What the heck happened here, Im going to have to destory something now.... just to releive myself... delete everything single thing I have done in the past 4 wks and just UGHGHHGH start ALLLLL over again.... >_< Ohhhh well, theres always another day I guess..... Lord help me. With all the problems I have had in the past few weeks trying to make things work out for me and work a full time IT job youd think Id have better luck or perhaps may even know what I was doing????? Thank you all Ill check back later on.. Im going to bed for a few days. :blink:

Worth a try. If you were using a .gif file for your logo, the easiest would be to just rename it to oscommerce.gif. But since you're using a .jpg, you'll need to rename it, and also need to do as WJ suggested.

Didn't see your previous post. Don't bang your head--just delete the renamed file and get back to the red x...

Didn't see your previous post. Don't bang your head--just delete the renamed file and get back to the red x...

I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!! Its amazing what a nerve pill and a little prayer will do!!!! KEWLLLLL

THANK YOU ALLLLL!!!!!!!!

Now, lets see if I can figure out what else I can do....

BTW -- I used a .gif but named it my own name (myname.gif) and its beautiful (well actually its not the one Ill use, BUT it worked beautifully!!

THANKS You guys are SOOOO smart! :thumbsup:

Archived