• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ssl

Vesper

I can't get past step 3, while I can connect successful with winSCP, step 3 always stops me. I can setup a mySQL database, but for some reason my host name or database name must be wrong :(

I get an error saying Can't connect to database, PASSWORD YES

even though i entered in the right password?

my web address is www.bearswim.com

i had the ip address and i tried that too

my host is one-dom3.com, should i incorporate that

ie bearswim.one-dom3.com

1. Create new username/password and try the new details.

2. If you are using cPanel check your database name and username prefix.

3. You should be able to check the name of your database server somewhere in your control panel, if not then ask your host.

If you don't have SSL, your customer's credit card numbers can get out. Out of respect to them(and to protect your butt, too), you should have it.

Your providor might have shared SSL. I use it and it's cheap! It's $2.50 US a month because the certificate is shared by several people. It doesn't look as pretty in your URL, though. Instead of having wwws.yoururl.com you have some long name with the name of your providor in.

I could not get the installer to work, but my friend did somehow?

I dont know why, and I don't care :P

I am going to get a new host with ssl certificate so dont worry about the customers either, thanks for the help :D

I could not get the installer to work, but my friend did somehow?

I dont know why, and I don't care :P

I am going to get a new host with ssl certificate so dont worry about the customers either, thanks for the help :D

!!! Yes I agree !!! your current webhost Sucks! Im not going to name them, but they had been telling me that they were going to do 'updates' on so many things for the longest time. I just got tired. There half-backward shared ssl is crap too.

So as the story goes I said goodbye to Tem and moved on...

ROFL, Its so true TCwho, so true. .

This same friend of my found out they my host buys their space from RackSpace, which is a very overpriced web hosting company, so thats probably why the suck :D

Archived