• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to insert 'New Products For' box?

RojanUK

Hello,

When I started building my site I wanted to get rid of the 'New Products For...' box on the default.php page. However, I have changed my mind and I would like it back. Unfortunately I have forgotten how I got rid of it in the first place, let alone how to put it back.

Can somebody please talk me through it?

Thanks.

RojanUK

BTW, I'd already thought about the...

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS)

...line in index.php. It was commented out. I activated that again, but it didn't help. So I just wondered whether there are other adaptions that were made to get rid of it, which I have to put back.

RojanUK

BTW, I'd already thought about the...

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS)

...line in index.php. It was commented out. I activated that again, but it didn't help. So I just wondered whether there are other adaptions that were made to get rid of it, which I have to put back.

In fact... strange thing. When I uncommented the above mentioned include nothing happened on the main page, but the 'new products for...' box appeared on every catagory page! Even if I can get it back, I want it only on the main page and nowhere else. Odd or what? :blink:

RojanUK

In fact... strange thing. When I uncommented the above mentioned include nothing happened on the main page, but the 'new products for...' box appeared on every catagory page! Even if I can get it back, I want it only on the main page and nowhere else. Odd or what?  :blink:

the include is there 2 times, 1 for the main page, 1 for the category pages.

Treasurer MFC

the include is there 2 times, 1 for the main page, 1 for the category pages.

I've just been over the index.php four times. I can only find that include once. That must be the thing I'd removed before. As this is clearly - I tested it - the include for the catagory pages, do you have the correct programming - and location in the file - for the main page?

Thanks,

RojanUK

It will all depend on how much you have edited your pages...

But one goes on line 316 (for home page) and one on 121 (for catagories).

If you use a WYSIWYG type of editer then it is the first colum and the last. The middle is for products and doesn't have it in the standard osc site.

You could always download a clean version of OSC and compair the files. I always keep a back up of the original handy for times like this.

Hope that helps.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I've just been over the index.php four times. I can only find that include once. That must be the thing I'd removed before. As this is clearly - I tested it - the include for the catagory pages, do you have the correct programming - and location in the file - for the main page?

Thanks,

your main page starts with :

} else { // default page

you can put it anywhere after that for it to show.

Treasurer MFC

It will all depend on how much you have edited your pages...

But one goes on line 316 (for home page) and one on 121 (for catagories).

If you use a WYSIWYG type of editer then it is the first colum and the last. The middle is for products and doesn't have it in the standard osc site.

You could always download a clean version of OSC and compair the files. I always keep a back up of the original handy for times like this.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Wendy. :thumbsup:

I think I found it in an old version of my site. The include on line 316 was removed. I've just put it back and am hoping that it has done the trick. Unfortunately my host is having a problem, so I'll have to wait to find out. :-"

RojanUK

Oh my word, if it isn't one thing, it's another.

I'd just made the new products visible again, uploaded the index.php and tried to load my site. First it constantly kept timing out on me, so I thought that my host must have some probs, but now I'm getting this:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/worldwid/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 19
Unable to connect to database server!

I have no idea how that's possible all of a sudden. I haven't touched the database settings at all. Does anybody have an idea?

RojanUK

What?!  >_<

The SQL database has disappeared! That's why it's not working. ARGH! What's that all about then? Hrmpf. Mail sent to host.  :'(

This is quite serious, please let me know when you find out what happened.

This is quite serious, please let me know when you find out what happened.

I have no idea what happened, but it's back now. Clearly the problem was with the host, but I agree with you, losing the entire SQL database is rather serious and I hope they will let me know what happened. I want to know whether I can expect this on a regular basis, because that wouldn't be too good for my business... What I do know is that it scared the hell out of me. :(

RojanUK

Archived