• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add to Cart

dandelion

When did you notice this? Have you added or changed anything recently that has caused it to break? You also need to sort out your cookie domain / paths - the sessionID is appearing in all URLs

Your entire site also appears to be running under SSL which is going to slow it down, too.

When did you notice this? Have you added or changed anything recently that has caused it to break? You also need to sort out your cookie domain / paths - the sessionID is appearing in all URLs

Your entire site also appears to be running under SSL which is going to slow it down, too.

Ah.. I get this same problem.. keep me posted to please.

[email protected]

:'(

I first noticed this when my host told me to

"please change your https settings in your catalog/include/configure.php with:

https://dprhensim57.doteasy.com/~admin165/"

Also since this I can't create a client.

What do you mean I'm running under SSL isn't that how it has to run? What should I do??

How do I change it so the cookie domain won't appear in all the URL's??

I'm sure this is the key to the problems can you help?

Thanks

Ruth

If you are using a shared SSL certificate provided by your host, I'd recommend you get a dedicated IP and certificate installed - it will be a lot less hassle.

Your entire store doesn't need to run under SSL - only the pages that are required to - eg - logon, customer info pages and checkout.

post your configure.php file (blank out the Database PWD/UID for obvious reasons).

If you are using a shared SSL certificate provided by your host, I'd recommend you get a dedicated IP and certificate installed - it will be a lot less hassle.

Your entire store doesn't need to run under SSL - only the pages that are required to - eg - logon, customer info pages and checkout.

post your configure.php file (blank out the Database PWD/UID for obvious reasons).

Sorry I don't know what all this means - My client is trying to save startup costs so we went with the shared ssl. What do I have to change in the configure.php file to make only those pages you mention run under the ssl???

I hate being such a newby about all this :huh:

Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question, as I haven't messed about with shared certs myself. Too much hassle.

SSL certs can be had for <$100, and about $20 to install on most hosts. A Dedicated IP shouldn't be more than $10.

Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question, as I haven't messed about with shared certs myself. Too much hassle.

SSL certs can be had for <$100, and about $20 to install on most hosts. A Dedicated IP shouldn't be more than $10.

Do some kind of a search for shared ssl problems. The problem is in the configure.php files, it has been addressed a number of times in this forum, and is easily solved by properly entering the addresses for your secure server. If you cannot find the solution, you can post your catalog/inclueds/configure.php here AFTER YOU REMOVE THE DATABASE NAME, USER AND PASSWORD INFORMATION.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Archived