• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stylesheet questions on encoding

osC is ISO 8859-1, so my logic says the Stylesheet is coded likewise.

My default language is Japanese EUC_JP, so my logic says it isn't making use of the

stylesheet! Am I correct?

I noticed there is quite a difference in Font appearance for JP depending on Browser's

settings. Has anyone experience/ advice in making 2 stylesheets work?

osC is ISO 8859-1, so my logic says the Stylesheet is coded likewise.

My default language is Japanese EUC_JP, so my logic says it isn't making use of the

stylesheet! Am I correct?

I noticed there is quite a difference in Font appearance for JP depending on Browser's

settings. Has anyone experience/ advice in making 2 stylesheets work?

not totally sure but I presume that stylesheets are language and encoding independant.

Treasurer MFC

not totally sure but I presume that stylesheets are language and encoding independant.

After a bit of experimentation I can see that Jp pages do not read FONT changes I made to the stylesheet in Japanese due to character code difference. Font is determined by the browser. It only looks bad on users with weird browser pref setup.

It would be nice to be able control things to my preference rather rely on the browser.

After a bit of experimentation I can see that Jp pages do not read FONT changes I made to the stylesheet in Japanese due to character code difference. Font is determined by the browser. It only looks bad on users with weird browser pref setup.

It would be nice to be able control things to my preference rather rely on the browser.

the problem is that browsers can overrule anything you set. Look at Opera, I can never get that browser to display as I intend especially in chinese.

Treasurer MFC

Archived