• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I added Custom Fields, how do I update database?

killjoy333

I have updated the create_account.php and customers.php pages to reflect 2 new custom fields for customers to fill out when the create a new account.

I have the fields working but I don't know where to find the SQL statements that I need to update so that the new field values are stored when I pull those customers up in the administrator section.

Please let me know if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks! >_<

CD3

They should most likely go in the customers table. Although if they are address related then they should go in the address_book table. Do a search of the database for one of the existing fields that you are also using and see where it is stored. Your new ones probably should stick by it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have updated the create_account.php and customers.php pages to reflect 2 new custom fields for customers to fill out when the create a new account.

I have the fields working but I don't know where to find the SQL statements that I need to update so that the new field values are stored when I pull those customers up in the administrator section.

Please let me know if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!  >_<

CD3

i would usethe phpmyadmin section and find the file you need to update. use the change feature to update the new files to required or not. if you need to add the whole sql line for your mods then i would just add a copy of an existing link then alter it to what you need

hope this helps you

sorry if it doesnt

Archived