• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category Image too large

MrsD

Yesterday I uploaded some images for the categories- only to get rid of the red x's. The pictures are WAY too big on the page so I went back and tried to edit them out, but the only choice is to replace the photo, not remove it- when using the edit page that is.

I would like to just get rid of the photos for the categories (and keep the other pictures, like for an individual product) . I went to the index.php and looked for the line that someone said to comment out but I didn't see it; there was no "echo tep_image" in there. Help?

I did see the contributions that were offered but the 2 I looked at weren't quite what I wanted.

:>) MrsD

Yesterday I uploaded some images for the categories- only to get rid of the red x's. The pictures are WAY too big on the page so I went back and tried to edit them out, but the only choice is to replace the photo, not remove it- when using the edit page that is.

I would like to just get rid of the photos for the categories (and keep the other pictures, like for an individual product) . I went to the index.php and looked for the line that someone said to comment out but I didn't see it; there was no "echo tep_image" in there. Help?

I did see the contributions that were offered but the 2 I looked at weren't quite what I wanted.

:>)  MrsD

:P Hi you may consider using those pictures if you resize them as I have, using FrontPage to create thumbnails out of all of my category pix setting the max params at 100-120px wide. unless all you want is text showing. Another method is to set image required to false in the admin panel config store and then edit your categories to remove the images. I did this with a couple of mine, then decided to put them back in afterall. Hope this helps you too! :rolleyes:

GiftsYouWantToKeep.com

We help each other, to help ourselves!

Aloha Allison!

Liken to wrinkles, the many paths of my life not only altered my destiny, but my appearance.

Poetry, the artistry of plying ones soul to the empty canvases of life. A vision without sight. A verse without darkness. Lighting each day with a prose of beauty and love.

Archived