• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TAX QUESTION

thenaile

Hi,

Sorry to bother the community again, but I've looked and looked, and followed tutorials on applying tax and still can't figure out what's wrong. I've done every your supposed to to set up California State Tax at 8.25%, and its just not applying tax to my California buyers when they check out. My other concern is: will os commerce know that if the purchaser is not a california resident than the item is not taxable? (i clicked all my items are taxable in product description)

Any help would be sooooo appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Sheri

As I inquired in your other thread on this topic, what are your settings for Tax Zones, Tax Classes, and Tax Rates? Obviously you didn't do everything that you're suppose to do, because it's not working; we can't see where you've gone wrong without more details.

Yes, osCommerce will know.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

As I inquired in your other thread on this topic, what are your settings for Tax Zones, Tax Classes, and Tax Rates? Obviously you didn't do everything that you're suppose to do, because it's not working; we can't see where you've gone wrong without more details.

Yes, osCommerce will know.

Sorry, I didn't really understand. Thanks for the help.

In Configuration and under the Tax Zone it is set to California. Tax Classes is titled Taxable Goods and under Tax Rate it is set at 8.25%---the only thing is the priority is 0. Does that need to be changed?

Hi,

Sorry to bother the community again, but I've looked and looked, and followed tutorials on applying tax and still can't figure out what's wrong. I've done every your supposed to to set up California State Tax at 8.25%, and its just not applying tax to my California buyers when they check out. My other concern is: will os commerce know that if the purchaser is not a california resident than the item is not taxable? (i clicked all my items are taxable in product description)

Any help would be sooooo appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Sheri

Help....please!

Make sure you set the products to taxable goods, when you are adding products it will ask for tax class, you have to select taxable goods, if you dont it wont add tax for that product.

Make sure you set the products to taxable goods, when you are adding products it will ask for tax class, you have to select taxable goods, if you dont it wont add tax for that product.

I did select taxable goods for all my products. Any other ideas? HELP

Archived