• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CA Tax Only is not working! Help!

thenaile

Help please!!! Our on-line store just went live and the tax for California residence ONLY is not working. I in-put that the items are taxable and its calulating the correct tax, but when the customers in california check out, no tax is applied. Also is there a way to make sure those who live out side of california DO NOT get taxed? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!

Can you provide more details on your settings (especially Tax Zones, Tax Classes, & Tax Rates)?

The easiest way to set up CA Tax Only is to edit the default FLA settings, changing the Tax Zone and Tax Rate. You also need to make sure that in Configuration -> My Store, Zone is set to California.

There are a lot of osC stores in CA, so you should find a lot of postings on this topic.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Can you provide more details on your settings (especially Tax Zones, Tax Classes, & Tax Rates)?

The easiest way to set up CA Tax Only is to edit the default FLA settings, changing the Tax Zone and Tax Rate. You also need to make sure that in Configuration -> My Store, Zone is set to California.

There are a lot of osC stores in CA, so you should find a lot of postings on this topic.

I appreciate your help. Yes the configuation is set to CA and the tax rate is set and the item are clicked as taxable---but it just doesn't work.

Archived