• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Inserting configuration values

chobo10

Hello!

I am fairly new at this and it's very confusing. I am trying to add Contribution #99 to add a CVV prompt when a customer is entering credit card info.

I was able to do the first step of altering tables in my SQL database. But how do I do this: If someone can explain in English :blink:

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ( 136, 'CVV2 Number', 'CVVNUMBER_MIN_LENGTH', 3, 'Minimum Length of CVV2 Number', 2, 17, '2003-02-20 10:30:00', '2003-02-20 10:30:00', NULL , NULL );

So, I have gone to my SQL phpadmin, my database, configuration, configuration_value. But what do I insert? All the stuff in the parentheses? Where?Here's what I am looking at:

If I select insert for the FIELD config_value, the TYPE is varchar(255), there is a drop down function box with all sorts of things like ASCII, CHAR, SOUNDEX, ETC and then there is a VALUE box that is empty.

Genius advice much appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Go to the SQL tab in phpmyadmin, enter all the text below-or what ever your installation specifies. Click "GO" (or some such button-I can't recall) and you're golden.

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ( 136, 'CVV2 Number', 'CVVNUMBER_MIN_LENGTH', 3, 'Minimum Length of CVV2 Number', 2, 17, '2003-02-20 10:30:00', '2003-02-20 10:30:00', NULL , NULL );

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

Archived