• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Proof of SSL validity

adam71o

My site has a "StarterSSL," registered to my site and my site alone. Is there any way to have an SSL icon that says something like "click here to check ......"

(I know the icons exist, that isn't my question), and when someone clicks this icon, the get a popup with my SSL info ?

The point is to make it obvious to the customer (and possibly impress them a bit) that our site is "secure, and you can feel safe buying here."

I've found no contributions for this.

Any ideas?

My site has a "StarterSSL," registered to my site and my site alone.? Is there any way to have an SSL icon that says something like "click here to check ......"

(I know the icons exist, that isn't my question), and when someone clicks this icon, the get a popup with my SSL info ?

The point is to make it obvious to the customer (and possibly impress them a bit) that our site is "secure, and you can feel safe buying here."

Any ideas?

That feature should only come from your SSL issuer and no-one else. You just have to look for an SSL package that comes with a "Site Seal".

My site has a "StarterSSL," registered to my site and my site alone.  Is there any way to have an SSL icon that says something like "click here to check ......"

Any ideas?

I personally think the SSL image popup/hover feature is useless. Although, I admit that I had it on one of my sites at one time.

If a website visitor doesn't trust you... they're not going to trust a little icon or fancy link.

Just my 2 cents,

Robert

I personally think the SSL image popup/hover feature is useless. Although, I admit that I had it on one of my sites at one time.

If a website visitor doesn't trust you... they're not going to trust a little icon or fancy link.

Just my 2 cents,

Robert

I have to agree with you on this one Robert.

I think it's more than a trust thing - it's intangible - when you've been had on the net (as I have) you look for crumbs of comfort that maybe this time it wont go wrong and a (valid cert and) seal is one more crumb (small as it may be).

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

I think it's more than a trust thing - it's intangible - when you've been had on the net (as I have) you look for crumbs of comfort that maybe this time it wont go wrong and a (valid cert and) seal is one more crumb (small as it may be).

Charles

The one that I wouldn't mind at all is the Versign's logo. Yes the animated one, the customers love it.

• 7 months later...

Probably alot of people dont even know what SSL is all about and how important it is towards your security while purchasing something.

I dont see any problem with showing proof of SSL. If people figure its not legit they probably dont do much online shopping anyway.

Of course I always check for the little lock down in the taskbar when any site wants my personal info.

I'm a victim of circumstance

This contribution is designed to let you put the site seal your ssl providor gives you into an infobox:

SSL Protected v1.0

You could pretty easily add any text you wanted to the info box.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

Archived