• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Best contrib for screen centering

RyanSmith

Hello,

I was just wondering which of the contribs people though were best for centering the shop. I have seen quite a few sites where they have the layout locked to 800X600 and then just center the contents in the screen. I know you can do this with STS and a few others. I was looking for the best and easiest solution. Any opinions?

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Look below my name for 'Fixed With Site with CSS' - it doesn't get easier than that.

Vger

I actually just installed osC-CenterShop v3.0 for MS2_1_1 and I have to say, that is quite a nice contribution. Very easy to install, and the functionality is great.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

I think I tried the CSS centering once, but if you run in a higher resolution and resize the screen width less than the width of your store, the left of the store disappears off the edge of the left hand side of the window, which is not good.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong at least in Firefox. Can't speak for other browsers but then css is a funny thing so it might happen on other browsers. Trying to make a vertical css menu work with I.E. without breaking it on all the other browsers is a nightmare!

Archived