• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

trick suggestion: review approval

jonyo

I was going to make a small mod to make it so that reviews have to be aproved before they are posted. I then decided that it would be better to just remove the reviews all together for my particual circumstances.

I thought someone might benifit from this idea even if it isn't coded, it is so simple I'm suprised I havn't found it in my forum searches.

theory of how to do this:

1. add one field to the reserve table, called something like active or aproved...

2. add "and active="1"" to any query's that have to do with listing reviews.

3. when new review is made, make it set active to 0

4. add some simple controls to the admin where it lets you change the value for the active field from true to false or vise versa.

If you wanted to get more complicated, you could also have notifications when there are new reviews to aprove and stuff.

Oh you would also probably want to tell the customer that they're review is waiting to be aproved or something like that. Might want to have some sort of disclaimer saying store owners have full control over reviews and can disprove a review for any reason, etc etc.

You would also have to go and make sure all the query's and stuff relating to the reserves still worked...

Hope this idea benifits someone. Sorry I didn't code it myself but I don't have time to code stuff I probably won't be using anyways.

I was going to make a small mod to make it so that reviews have to be aproved before they are posted.  I then decided that it would be better to just remove the reviews all together for my particual circumstances...........

or you could use the already made contribution that does this:

Review Approval System

Oh... Hmm well never mind. Thanks for helping out a newbie by pointing out the obvious to me. I would tell you why I missed it before but that would make me look even more like an idiot.

I think I'll wait a while before I post anything else so I'm not so much of a newbie. :blush:

I think I'll wait a while before I post anything else so I'm not so much of a newbie.

just saving you the trouble to reinvent an already invented invention.

frees up your time to work on other things that need inventing!

as of this posting, there are a little over 2,500 contributions listed.

a huge time saver whenever you need your cart to do something NOT STOCK osC,

would be to look through the contribution sections. this will save you hundreds of hours of coding time.

it is good you posted this really, because now you know that someone else might have done your work for you. :D

browse through the contributions some day without actually looking for anything in particular. read what they are "supposed" to do, and if you find one that you might like, download it to a disc or a folder or bookmark it, write it down.

of all the 15 or so things i needed my cart to do, i only had to figure out one or two code changes by myself- everything else was already done in a contribution.

the search tool is very very helpful too...once you get the hang of using it...more than likely someone has posted the question already and the answer is here in the forums waiting to be dug up.

• 3 years later...
How do you do this? I've been trying all day to find instructions on how to do this and can't find it.

OK.. I figured it out... here's how to do it:

HOW TO REMOVE THE “REVIEWS” BUTTON

Go to the catalog/product_info.php page, and change this script:

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

To this script:

<td class="main"><?php echo //'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this topic is still of any interest to anyone but you can change reviews via your admin, root: log into your admin on the left handside you will see a list open the catolog list and go to reviews chose the review you want, you can delete or edit as you wish.

Regards

Tony

Archived