• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Molding OS Commerce Into Already Made Design

lquiehunag

Hi,

I've searched through the help documentation and through the forums and it seems that most design advice/help is geared towards setting up OS Commerce first and then molding a design out of it.

My situation is reversed. I already have a design, but need to mold OS Commerce to fit it.

You can see the design of the site at

http://www.ezaria.com/evaluation/index.html <-- homepage

http://www.ezaria.com/evaluation/category.html <--- category page

http://www.ezaria.com/evaluation/product.html <--- product page

I was wondering if someone could give me some pointers on where to start "chopping" up OS into my site.

I would be willing to compensate someone for serious help towards getting this site up sometime early next week.

Thanks,

Louie

You are talking about a major piece of work. It can be done, but it will take a lot of time - and it will cost you thousands - because nobody is going to do that amount of work for less!

It wouldn't get down in a few weeks either!

Vger

You are talking about a major piece of work.  It can be done, but it will take a lot of time - and it will cost you thousands - because nobody is going to do that amount of work for less!

It wouldn't get down in a few weeks either!

Vger

Well I have a MIT Computer Science PHD Candidate working on it. So what do you say to that?

I was going to take a look at the site cause I am always up to a challenge for less than thousands and thousands but the MIT Candidate person musta moved stuff around cause there is nothing on those links and your main URL is a stock OSC site.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I was going to take a look at the site cause I am always up to a challenge for less than thousands and thousands but the MIT Candidate person musta moved stuff around cause there is nothing on those links and your main URL is a stock OSC site.

Hey wendy. I just removed the stuff during the installation of OS Commerce. I'll place them back up tomorrow morning and I'll notify you. Any help would be appreciated! :thumbsup:

O god, I didn't mean to sound pompous or brag, just wanted to indicate the level of seriousness I have in getting this project completed.

Any pointers or lines of attack would be of course highly appreciated.

Not a problem. You can do what you're looking to do. Save the MIT person some time and go look through the contributions now. Right now. Look at anything that seems even marginally helpful to your cause. Make a list. Check the forums for discussions on the contribs your interested in. Do some research.

Then present the person with your research and let them work it out. I saw the designs before they were wiped and you "should" be able to get it done without too many tears or fistfights.

Come on back when you run into specific troubles. Do a search on the error first before posting. Try a few different search phrases before posting because with 50000+ forum members the signal to noise ratio is declining daily.

And be as specific about the problems as you can; as in I made this change and got this result and here's the error and it's x version of x OS and these other contribs are installed.

Good luck! You'll get it!

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Hi,Hi,

The links are dead...

Othervise i am sure...most designs can be done in less than one week ....but dont kill me if i am wrong..i have not seen the wanted designs yet...

:blush:

Hey wendy.  I just removed the stuff during the installation of OS Commerce.  I'll place them back up tomorrow morning and I'll notify you.  Any help would be appreciated!  :thumbsup:

lol Can't wait to see it :D

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Site at

http://www.ezaria.com/test/africa.html

I have a premade index page which is set. I just need to make category and product pages.

This is the Africa category page. The product page will also look like this but the information under the africa banner will of course be different.

What I want is the

Top >> Catalog >> North Africa and My Account | Checkout | bar on the bottom of the cell containing the north africa banner.

Then on the left of the screen I want My Account at the top, Categories, Whats new, then Search Boxes

How should I start chopping it all up?

Thanks for the help.

Archived