• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Associated products or extended attributes

toasty

Ideally for each product orderred (any product) I need an additional product to be offered on a follow on page (with custom order details via drop down lists, ie attributes).

The only other way I see to do this is via use of a lot of attributes, but it will run off the page and gets messy, specially if the order is only for the main product - all the additiohnal attributes don't get used.

I have trawled the contribs and forum but can't find an approach for what I need. The nearest was the Master/Slave contrib, but that does'nt fit the bill because apparently with that contrib. the Master is not purchased, only the slave.

Does anyone have a suggestion - if not a contrib then an approach might be of interest - I'm still getting to grips with osC but I can do some php, css,html and mySQL.

Thanks for any help at all.

• 1 month later...
Ideally for each product orderred (any product) I need an additional product  to be offered on a follow on page (with custom order details via drop down lists, ie attributes).

The only other way I see to do this is via use of a lot of attributes, but it will run off the page and gets messy, specially if the order is only for the main product - all the additiohnal attributes don't get used.

I have trawled the contribs and forum but can't find an approach for what I need. The nearest was the Master/Slave contrib, but that does'nt fit the bill because apparently with that contrib. the Master is not purchased, only the slave.

Does anyone have a suggestion - if not a contrib then an approach might be of interest - I'm still getting to grips with osC but I can do some php, css,html and mySQL.

Thanks for any help at all.

FYI anyone looking at this - I will be trying the Attribute Sets contrib shortly.

Archived