• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Access denied for user '*'@'localhost'

ezitec

:D hello all, my very first post and Im sure someone can help, I ve checked up and down through these forums and entered multiple errors into the search field only to come up with some similar but not exact problems that others havehad in the past.

I have done a manual database import so that I can avoid that step, it went very smooth and all datat and tables are perfectly fine

on step 2 of the web based install, I keep getting 1 of 2 errors

1. - I get //Access denied for user 'cart_shop'@'localhost' (using password: YES)// when I enter the DBusername_DBname and as the hostname i use just localhost. I keep getting this error whether i try loopback,local ip, or servernam.domain.com name.

2. - I get //Can't connect to MySQL server on 'www.mydomain.com' (10061)// when I enter the jsut the DBusername and as the hostname i use www.mydomain.com. I keep getting this error whether i try loopback,local ip, or servernam.domain.com name.

Someone please help, as this is my first post, I have already tried using the older password hash methods, I have even done the unsafe attempt at using root as the login credentials just to see if i could get it to work. I am a 100% rookE if i didnt mention it before. the worst part about this is, I have 2 Oscommerce installs running at EZITEC.com and at COZYNSPAWN.com but those are through fantastico. The server i am having the current problem with is dedicated, I am running PHP 4 mysql 4.1.7 and IIS 6.0, OSC is ms2.2,

I think it may be a CHMOD 777 that im missing somewhere, If that is the case please point me in the right direction, all help will be graciously appreciated!!

Archived